I Got 999 First World Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night the wife and I were flipping between two HD movies on our LCD TV, and they were both at commercial at the same time. :suicide1:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ they do that on purpose

And for my first world problem...line between the toilet and the wall in the upstairs bathroom busted and flooded the kitchen below. Have to take off work to meet the insurance adjuster.

Last edited by a moderator:

And for my first world problem...line between the toilet and the wall in the upstairs bathroom busted and flooded the kitchen below. Have to take off work to meet the insurance adjuster.
Welcome to my world, Tex! Be prepared to be screwed by the adjusters, who will reimburse you by the square inch for drywall, etc...

Granted, mine was flooded thanks to a 5 year old. My neighbor has now had his house flood TWICE from the toilet, once from the line itself, once from the plastic fitting that goes to the tank. His wiped out the entire downstairs.

My waterproof camera isn't waterproof anymore. Now the wife and I have to limit ourselves to eating out only two times a week instead of three, for a whole month, so we can afford another $180 replacement camera. F4ck

EB.com isn't as entertaining as usual today, so it makes spamming at work that much tougher.

My coworkers sitting next to me are eating late lunches and the smells of their food is making me hungry enough to eat a 2nd lunch.

Welcome to my world, Tex! Be prepared to be screwed by the adjusters, who will reimburse you by the square inch for drywall, etc...

Granted, mine was flooded thanks to a 5 year old. My neighbor has now had his house flood TWICE from the toilet, once from the line itself, once from the plastic fitting that goes to the tank. His wiped out the entire downstairs.
That plastic fitting on the high pressure hose is what got us too.

:(

^^ That happened to me a couple months ago. Fortunately I was home when it gave so the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. I had to laugh when I read the name brand on the tag that was attached to the hose - "FloodSafe". My ass.

The FloodSafe device works...but the piece of metal that holds it on to the tubing fails, making it pointless. We look at (no joke) over 1,000 water supply lines a year in my lab.

My Ferrari broke down, my chauffeur got high, and smashed up my stretch Rolls up on

Rodeo Drive.

This is some quality spam. Now we just need the sexy Latinas ready to chat and this thread will have served its purpose.

Back