How'd You Meet Your Lover?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krakosky

Tank Ass
Reaction score
There's a few of us single people on this board. Entertain us with the story of how you met your now wifey/hubby.

I'm going to decline on this one. Some things stay personal.

I also get along with my ex better now than the last few months we were married. We make better friends than spouses.

I'm going to decline on this one. Some things stay personal.

I also get along with my ex better now than the last few months we were married. We make better friends than spouses.
That's good that you were able to stay friends. I've never been able to be friends with an ex. The last guy said he wanted to be friends but we never talk so maybe we have different definitions of the word friends.

We met at work. Didn't start dating until after the company imploded and we were no longer co-workers.

Wife and I met in college on a study abroad program in Spain. It will be 8 years on the Fourth of July since we started dating and we've been married 6.5 years with 2 little ones.

Ex and I chat once or twice a week. We're friends, just both realize being married wasn't the right thing.
It's great you realized that while you're still young and before you had kids.

Met at work. I asked him out after we chatted about bad zombie movies, which we both love.

My wife and I met when we were 19. We worked in the same restaurant. I was a cook and she was a waitress.

I asked her to a party at Rutgers the start of our sophmore year.

We dated for 5 years, and will be celebrating our 20th wedding aniversary this September.

I have been blessed with having a wife who is also my best friend!!!

Met online during my awesome, skinny, care-free single life days...

I met my girlfriend through a friend.

The one before that was an old college friend/roommate that I reconnected with on Facebook.

The one before that I met on plentyoffish.com.

The one before that was a high school classmate that I reconnected with on Facebook.

The one before that I met on Match.com.

Etc.

I am confident that my organically-met girlfriend will work out a lot better than the previous several that came from the internet.

I met my girlfriend through a friend.

The one before that was an old college friend/roommate that I reconnected with on Facebook.

The one before that I met on plentyoffish.com.

The one before that was a high school classmate that I reconnected with on Facebook.

The one before that I met on Match.com.

Etc.

I am confident that my organically-met girlfriend will work out a lot better than the previous several that came from the internet.
Yeah, you're probably right. IDK why my friends don't know more single guys and everyone in my immediate group at work is older and married. Perhaps when I find a new job in TX I'll work with some hot, young dudes.

^ Slim pickings at Obama Automotive, eh? Are you involved in any professional societies? Unattached guys might be more likely to participate in those, especially if the group has a younger members forum.

Yeah, mostly old men here it seems. That's true. I joined one of those thru ASCE when I lived in TX and was disappointed to find that it was mostly married people and people a lot younger than me still working on their BS. I took a PE review course and was hoping to find some single guys there but they too were all married.

I met my bride on Toga Night at the 29 Palms Officer's Club - back before fun was outlawed in DoD.

Krakosky, If you come to Houston, let me know. There are plenty of guys here look for there next ex-wife....

At a bar. Classic pick up line. He moved his bottle of beer closer and closer to mine and then when I finally accidentally picked up his beer he points out my mistake and tells me he would have bought me one and that I didn't have to drink his or something cheesy like that. That was way back in 2003, we dated off and on, got married in 2004 and still are.

Now the one before the hubby was also classic... you know the Top Gun pick up scene? Yeah, nothing better than a bar full of army guys in shorts and flip flops singing Righteous Brothers to you at the top of their lungs. The relationship only lasted about three months, but I'll never forget that guy.

Science camp. :true:

It was a summer-long camp held on a local university campus between our junior and senior years of highschool (summer of '97). We stayed in the dorms, had "classes" all day, then would play all afternoon/evening. My wife and I started dating within a couple weeks of the camp starting while on a field trip to Mt. Rushmore (as part of the camp). The guys were playing touch football near the campground and I ended up tackling her because she wouldn't give us the football back. In the process, we landed in a big mudhole and she got pissed because I "ruined" the only pair of pants she brought with her on the trip. I spend the next couple of days following her around trying to "make-up" for what I had done. By the end of the trip we were "going out" in the classic sense of HS dating. We've been together ever since, not even having a "break".

Middle of next month we'll celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, 15 years together.

Back