How you did AM/PM October 2013 (All)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new to the forum. I took the test in Florida for the first time October, Civil (WR&E). I may be the only person that thinks they did better in the PM. A few friends told me the morning was easy, and from what I've read here everyone seems to confirm this, but for whatever reason I seemed to struggle through several of the construction and structural questions. I should've studied harder on these topics but I think I did decent enough on the rest of the AM to not be in bad shape.

The PM I felt more at ease with the material. Probably cause I prepped like crazy with water and enviro problems. It was more grueling and more work than the AM, but for whatever reason I prefer the grinding math problems over some of the more conceptual stuff and word problems. I had to guess on about 5-6 questions, the rest I feel pretty good about.

After running through the test in my head at least 100 times the past 5 weeks, I estimate 25-28 correct in the AM and 30-32 correct in the PM.

We'll see if I make the cut. Getting very anxious!

I am really scared as days goes by...My hope is my AM can carry me through this. If I can get about 36/40 in the AM and 25/40....I hope I passed it...61/80 - 77%....do they curve it? I really hope they curve it and I made it....

I just need to skip this forum until the results come out...i can't even focus on work

Last edited by a moderator:
The AM was pretty straight forward. Maybe a tad harder than I was expecting but still manageable. I took Construction in the afternoon. I thought it was way harder than the NCEES example exams. Even the easiest problems weren't straight forward and it seemed like every question came with a twist. I'm hoping I did well enough in the morning that I pass as long as I did "ok" in the afternoon. I will say that I don't think studying more would have helped me in the afternoon. Some of the questions were so random I don't think I could find many like them even if I had a month to try.

I just received an email from NCEES that my results were posted online.....I PASSED!!

I took Power, so it was the same AM/PM stuff, no breadth. I felt like the morning I crushed. I finished about 10 AM, and went back over it and caught a couple little mistakes and was out by 10:45 or so. I feel like probably 85% if not more morning, then again, they make you feel that way by giving you all the plausible wrong answers you could arrive at.

Afternoon was decidedly different. I worked right up until time was called, and I could probably have used a little more time. They definitely saved all the hard stuff for the afternoon. I felt like I was relatively well prepared, although there was one set of questions on a particular topic (not sure if I can say which one?) (4 maybe) that I felt I wasn't at all prepared for and I couldn't find the right info in my references. There was another question that I have notes and equations on, but I left them at home because I didn't think there was any way it would be on the exam. Afternoon I maybe got 70% or something.

Some stuff you just don't learn in school, and I haven't really done any power engineering yet, mostly SCADA stuff so far, so I haven't been exposed to some of the harder, more specific stuff.

Certainly was more code than I thought there would be, but I studied it a lot and I kind of enjoy the code stuff, it's like a treasure hunt looking through the book, so I think I did fine on that part.

Should be good enough to pass, but we'll just have to wait and see. It feels like it's going to be forever.

Yep, it was good enough. Glad to be done with that.

Really frustrating to see all of these early states release the scores and to not know. I guess it could be worse. I could live in PA

Really frustrating to see all of these early states release the scores and to not know. I guess it could be worse. I could live in PA

Touche.

It's really depressing watching the map fill up. Like being the last kid picked for a game in gym class...

Honestly, from what I've read here I would be happy to know by christmas.

Yup. Was it you who just posted about the board meeting January 8th? Whoever it was, I replied to it. If they wait to release pass/fail until after that meeting, that's garbage.

Latest posts

Back