How is your commute to work?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 miles each way, 35 minutes (if I leave for work by 6:25 AM), 45 minutes (if I leave at 6:30), or 1 hour (if I leave at 6:40-9:20). Coming back, 1 hour (if I leave at 5-6), 40 minutes (if I leave at 6:20), 35 minutes (if I leave at 6:30).

Fortunately, my office has flexible scheduling; I work 7-6 4 days a week. That lets me hit the "sweet spot" each way.

10-15 miles on secondary roads to start, then about 25 miles or so on the interstate, then "city traffic" for another 5 miles depending on where I get off the interstate. The average time is about an hour on the way in and an hour and 15 on the way home.

Today I got off the interstate because of this http://www.nbc12.com/story/24963552/crash-at-maury-street-in-richmond-causes-5-mile-backup It is not an uncommon occurrence to have back ups like this at least every other week from what I've experienced here.

25 miles each way. Usually takes me ~35 minutes to get to work, ~45 to get home. On nights I have stayed late (happy hour, company softball game, etc), my best time is 23 minutes.

From my house, it can take ~10 just to go the 3 miles to the highway, then it's ~80mph up to the bottleneck, creep along at 5mph for about a halfmile then the last 10-15 minutes just cruising along at ~60.

Getting home, it takes me longer to go the last 3 miles (4 very poorly timed stoplights) than it does the previous 10 (80mph+).

22 miles, 30 minutes each way by company truck. If I bike, it takes me about an hour to get to the office (700' elevation drop), and 1.75 hours home, all on bike path. I am going to try to bike commute more this year. It will just take some planning.

Used to be around 17 miles and 40-45 minutes. I started a new job last year and now it's 3.5 miles and around 10 minutes. I don't even mind staying late anymore.

Back