How I passed the PE-exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is quite an inspirational post!!

Folks, I would really appreciate if someone could share the special index that was created by Bolivia PE

My email id: [email protected]

Thanks!!

STOP EMAILING ME FOR THIS THING...it's NOTHING SPECIAL and is only focused on the Geotech version and I didn't even use after I saw it, I DON'T HAVE IT AND DELETED IT

All I know is I would completely burn out if I studied from 9am to 2am.... I'm trying to put in 4-5 hours a day after work and already feel blind, thanks for the inspiration though!

All I know is I would completely burn out if I studied from 9am to 2am.... I'm trying to put in 4-5 hours a day after work and already feel blind, thanks for the inspiration though!
4-5 hours a day is awesome. Congrats on being so driven.

Mr. Bolivia or anyone,

I really appreciate if you, please email me that "Special-Index" create by Bolivia-PE.

[email protected]

Thank you so much for your help & support. You are my inspiration to take the PE exam.

Mr. Bolivia or anyone,

I will be taking the PE Exam in April 2013 with the Structural PM Exam and was hoping you could provide me with the "Special-Index" create by Bolivia-PE.
Please email it to me at:

[email protected]

Thank you for your time!

Bolivia-PE (or anyone who already using it) is it possible to get a co[py of this special index file? I would be of great help to me. Please send it to [email protected]

Thanks a lot..!

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but if anyone has this special index for the Civil-Structural PE exam I would love a copy.

My email: [email protected]
It is my humble opinion but you do not need a special index. The index of the CERM is avaliable to be printed off te PPI site and it is very very detailed.

Guys, and girls, how many of you here have written down a "cheat sheet" for an exam in a class where you could have brought such a sheet to a test?

When you actually write the stuff down yourself, you remember it. Then the notes become more of a psychological backup; something that you can fall on should you begin to panick.

The same goes for this index. I tabbed my CERM, I tabbed my Structural Design Reference Manual, ACI Code, ASCI Code, etc... and compiled two binders of solved problems; which were categorized.

Then, I also made a "special index" of problem types as I was solving them.

Had I simply gotten this index from Bolivia-PE, then I probably would have failed the Exam. Make your own index, struggle finding the material in the references, categorize the problems on your own; that is how you pass.

Then, when you sit for the exam, you already know what is in your index. You fly through the problems. Everytime someone asks for this special index I chuckle, because that shows you don't know how to study.

Guys, and girls, how many of you here have written down a "cheat sheet" for an exam in a class where you could have brought such a sheet to a test?

When you actually write the stuff down yourself, you remember it. Then the notes become more of a psychological backup; something that you can fall on should you begin to panick.

The same goes for this index. I tabbed my CERM, I tabbed my Structural Design Reference Manual, ACI Code, ASCI Code, etc... and compiled two binders of solved problems; which were categorized.

Then, I also made a "special index" of problem types as I was solving them.

Had I simply gotten this index from Bolivia-PE, then I probably would have failed the Exam. Make your own index, struggle finding the material in the references, categorize the problems on your own; that is how you pass.

Then, when you sit for the exam, you already know what is in your index. You fly through the problems. Everytime someone asks for this special index I chuckle, because that shows you don't know how to study.

So nafta, how about sharing your 'special index' then?? ;)

(I'm joking)

saludos, felicitarte por el gran logro,

Contarte q tambien soy de Bolivia, estudie' en la San Simo'n.

estoy pensando sacar el PE en NY. Lei' q antes debo dar un examen el FE si no me equivoco, y 4 años de experiencia pra'ctica

mi duda es si la experiencia debe ser en los Estqados Unidos? (en caso afirmativo; que tal si consigo un trabajo como subcontratacio'n para una compañia americana?)

Porfa si pudieras enviarme tu Special Index al e-mail---> [email protected]

Si tubieras algunos consejos ma's estare infinitmente agradecido

Giommyers --

I'm not familiar with the regulations in New York. Some states will require that your experience is working under a licensed PE (generally from any state), while others will only require that the experience is verified by a supervisory engineer. Having worked with an American company may help you in the former case, as one of your contacts may be a PE.

My former coworker (from Guatemala) did not have any trouble with his experience being physically outside the United States, as far as I know. But he happened to be working under a licensed PE (or perhaps the regional equivalent.. I am not sure). He applied for licensure in Colorado, so the rules may differ in New York.

You will usually need to have your undergraduate transcript translated (by a certified service) and evaluated to ensure it is deemed equivalent to an ABET-accredited degree. This is often a long, arduous process -- start now!

I really appreciate your help Lomarandil
I am currently working under the supervision of a licensed PE of New Jersey, although the company is in N Y

I read that some companies do not ask for the P E, so I will reconsider that. On the other hand I'm thinking about applying for a scholarship for a master and make contact directly with the company, but first i will take the toefl test (i need to study , sorry for my no-good english :beat: )

thanks again.

I really appreciate your help Lomarandil
I am currently working under the supervision of a licensed PE of New Jersey, although the company is in N Y

I read that some companies do not ask for the P E, so I will reconsider that. On the other hand I'm thinking about applying for a scholarship for a master and make contact directly with the company, but first i will take the toefl test (i need to study , sorry for my no-good english :beat: )

thanks again.

Back