How confident you are?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of you are really feeling confident that you pass?

How many feel shaky? Anyone who do not care about results?  

I fell 50-50. I took MDM and felt it is very difficult.  
Took MDM. I felt there were at least three questions with errors. In the past, for difficult exams the pass score tend to be around 50. If that's the case, I will likely pass.

My confidence breakdown is as follows:

>80% confident (meaning I knew how to do it but probably made a few dumb mistakes throughout the test) - 51 questions

60-80% confident (relatively sure I knew how to do it but wouldn't be surprised if I missed something) - 14 questions

Not very confident (Scribbled down some numbers and eventually made it to one of the 4 answers) - 9 questions

Randomly guessed - 6 questions

This gives an expected value of approximately 57.34 correct answers, so in other words, who the f knows what'll happen.
The MDM exam was relatively difficult. My guess 50/51 would be the pass score.

I only have 10% hope that I will pass, was my 2nd time. really did my best...

keep thinking did everything I could to pass this time, review course, so many practice exams....😭so nervous 

Good morning ! 

I can’t guess , but I am strong believer in God and in many ways my life will change if I pass. I did what I can do on oct/26/2018. So let’s see. 

And Based on how I feel, I believe I passed. Unless the cut score is higher than what I think. 

Walked out of FE exam in Feb convinced i failed......passed, walked out of PE exam 40 days ago convinced i would pass.......i'm so screwed!
And by the way I wish you the best of luck , don’t worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

keep thinking did everything I could to pass this time, review course, so many practice exams....😭so nervous 
Good morning Jessica ! 

I wish you the best of Good luck 

What's your discipline?

Good luck!

My confidence breakdown is as follows:

>80% confident (meaning I knew how to do it but probably made a few dumb mistakes throughout the test) - 51 questions

60-80% confident (relatively sure I knew how to do it but wouldn't be surprised if I missed something) - 14 questions

Not very confident (Scribbled down some numbers and eventually made it to one of the 4 answers) - 9 questions

Randomly guessed - 6 questions

This gives an expected value of approximately 57.34 correct answers, so in other words, who the f knows what'll happen.
I love how most everyone who takes this test tries to break it down like this. We do it because the engineer in us wants to solve the riddle of did I pass or not to predict the outcome of the hellish test we just took........makes me laugh every time I see breakdowns like this. Wish the best of luck and hopefully your theorem is correct. 

Back