How are you killing/using the wait period?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanks

Reaction score
So, how are you killing or using the wait time till we get our result? For me, I am still waiting on my break since the exam because of family problems but I hope I'll have more time on hand after this week. Another crazy thing I did during PE prep was that I also prepped for half-marathon....yeah it sounds like third job but it helped me to stay focussed and relieve my stress. Now when I am done with both, I can't wait to get back to my regular routine of working out. PE prep also taught me that I can use my time better off learning something (as long as I can)...so I am also thinking of learning website designing (I am a ME), any suggestion(s) on this are most welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried really hard to just forget about the exam. The anxiety is crazy. Don't think I succeeded. I spent most of my time finishing my basement.

I am not sure if its just me or by 2nd attempt everyone gets used to the wait time....I'll need the break if I have to go for another attempt...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read this, I thought you were talking about guns.

ie.

So, if you're waiting on your gun with the standard waiting period - what do you use to kill? Choking? Maybe take up stabbing?

I'm more of a fan of potassium injections. With the right injection location, it's almost completely undetectable...

or you can use ice-knife....won't have to worry about disposing off the weapon...

I found it did not help to leave all your study materials out in the open where they can remind you of what you hope to never use again

....so I am also thinking of learning website designing (I am a ME), any suggestion(s) on this are most welcome!
Try to find a book called "Teach Yourself HTML in 24 Hours". It is a good primer on writing HTML. It really takes longer than 24 hours but the book is organized into twenty-four one-hour lessons. After you have learned HTML, get the book on Javascript from the same publisher, Sam's Publishing (I think).

Once you have learned HTML and Javascript, you will be in a position to do most things that you might want to do with a web site. From there, you will be able to steer yourself to the more advanced web topics. There are also some good template vendors that provide a ready-made web template that you can edit using HTML or a WYSIWYG editor such as Adobe Dreamweaver. WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get". That means that you can edit web pages graphically without knowing the details of HTML.

I used to do a decent part-time business as a web developer until I got tired of it. Now I just do personal work. Have fun.

I found it did not help to leave all your study materials out in the open where they can remind you of what you hope to never use again
All of mine sat in their crates, on the handtruck, in the garage until I got my passing letter.

I didn't want to jinx myself by touching any of them.

Try to find a book called "Teach Yourself HTML in 24 Hours". It is a good primer on writing HTML. It really takes longer than 24 hours but the book is organized into twenty-four one-hour lessons. After you have learned HTML, get the book on Javascript from the same publisher, Sam's Publishing (I think).
Once you have learned HTML and Javascript, you will be in a position to do most things that you might want to do with a web site. From there, you will be able to steer yourself to the more advanced web topics. There are also some good template vendors that provide a ready-made web template that you can edit using HTML or a WYSIWYG editor such as Adobe Dreamweaver. WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get". That means that you can edit web pages graphically without knowing the details of HTML.

I used to do a decent part-time business as a web developer until I got tired of it. Now I just do personal work. Have fun.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn't want to jinx myself by touching any of them.
If so then I already have...last weekend I put them nicely in the shelf and brought the mark's handbook back to work....oh btw Mark's handbook helped me with quite a few problems, more than I expected...

I'm spending the waiting time looking at my license.

Oh, when I took the exam? For me it took a bit to settle into the feeling of NOT studying all the time. Do not study at all and just hang on...you've got a really long wait. The first few weeks you really want to know, May goes pretty easily, because you know you won't see anything in these next few weeks but you've forgotten some of the exam and then when results pour in, it's like waiting for Santa. Relax when you can and hope the family issues aren't bad.

And...Good luck! Hopefully the envelope bears good news that your hard work paid off.

I'm spending the waiting time looking at my license.
+1

Mine is framed just above my monitors at work..

:D

But after I took the exam, I really didn't worry about it much until June. That was because I have 2 little-ones (1yr old & almost 3 at the time), so I didn't have time to think about it. Once the posts on EB.com started going on about "when should we see results" in early June I got worried.

Additionally, I didn't join EB.com until May after I took the exam.

Last edited:
i also spend the time stamping random sticky notes and stuff while i wait on the results to come!

^ once you get your pass letter, thats one of first things i did w/ my stamp was to stamp the refs / texts I knew i was gonna keep. May they continue their progress of collecting dust

I've been looking for a house. Signed contracts today so next 2 months will be doing home inspection and packing which should keep my mind off of the wait. Though it sucks I am going to be in the middle of moving when the results are to arrive. If everything goes according to schedule I will be closing the same week results are sent out.

Back