Hey, who took the WRE? What did you think?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we go by the 35 days rule...we're looking at December 1st for pass/fail releases. Is that the timeline others are using?
Don't forget to account for Thanksgiving, which the April exam doesn't have. Though personally, I think it's pointless to try to predict the release date (maybe I'm just jaded because when I took it, CA did not decide to release exam results in a super timely manner).

And most importantly, don't forget to spam in the mean time! I swear, it will make the time go faster. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the NDA, I had used the terminology that NCEES used on the exam specs/test break down to describe my question.  I didtn provide any details besides the problem type, which NCEES already publically posted about the exam content.  

Don't forget to account for Thanksgiving, which the April exam doesn't have. 
Ha, ha! You're assuming the NCEES people are working diligently from the time the test are handed in to the time they post the results. Not likely! Thanksgiving or not, time frame should be relatively the same. There was a spreadsheet floating around somewhere that showed the dates for both test taken and results posted. I noticed very little difference from Spring to Fall. That 35-day rule is pretty darn close...whether you're predicting or not.

This was my 2nd time taking the exam.

When I took it in April 2017, I felt like the Breadth was heavily weighted towards structural mechanics which is a weakness of mine. When I got my diagnostics back, it showed I missed 5 out of 7 water problems! It didn't make any sense because the I killed those subjects (Open Channel, Closed Conduits, and Hydrology) in the Depth. In an case, I was pretty PO'd because I took the EET prep courses and I felt really prepared. I do have a slight form of dyslexia (and apparently retardation), so maybe that kicked in. 

This time around, I put more emphasis of my study time in the Breadth. Hopefully it paid off because I actually felt okay despite all the conceptual problems. I finished with a good 30 minutes left so I was able to recheck all my answers. The Depth actually seemed harder to me this time around. Part of it was definitely my fault for sucking at time management. I would spend way too much time on problems I thought I could solve. In the end I probably guessed on about 5 problems in the Depth and maybe 3 problems in the Breadth. Not to say I feel totally confident in ALL the problems I didn't guess on.

Having said that, I really wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully you see that green "Pass" in your MyNCEES! I would also like to say that I highly recommend taking the EET prep classes. Even though I failed last spring I blame only myself. I went in to the exam with only my EET binders, the CERM, NCEES practice exam, and the Dictionary for Water Resources & Enviro Engineering (which was a complete waste).

By the way, for those of you that have previous NCEES practice exams; how the he!l did you get your hands on those?
Have confidence Madpiper.  I took it twice (October 2016 & April 2017) and passed it in April.  The second time was a lot easier because I knew what to expect and what my weaknesses were.  Sounds like you are in the same position I was in the spring.  I believe you will pass it this time around.  I am rooting for you.. 

Have confidence Madpiper.  I took it twice (October 2016 & April 2017) and passed it in April.  The second time was a lot easier because I knew what to expect and what my weaknesses were.  Sounds like you are in the same position I was in the spring.  I believe you will pass it this time around.  I am rooting for you.. 
Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. However, if I don't pass this time around I'll respond just like Tommy Boy:

"Forget it, I quit, I can't do this anymore, man. My head's about to explode. My whole life sucks. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know where I'm going. My dad just died. We just killed Bambi. I'm out here getting my a** kicked and every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel INTO A G**D***ED BRIDGE ABUTMENT!

By the way, I definitely didn't feel like this go around was a lot easier.  If anything, I feel a little more confident on the Breadth and a little less confident on the Depth. I just don't know. I have officially reached phase 3 of the post-exam meltdown.

Back