Help on upcoming car purchase

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS.

6.2l V8, with intake, headers, ported throttle body, high-flow cats & catback exhaust, dyno-tuned to 419 rwhp/419 tq. Assuming 20% losses, I'm at 525 at the crank. Once it's paid off I plan on putting a supercharger on it and upgrade camshaft, heads, and putting 3.91 rear gears in. I'd like to be in the 600rwhp range when done

Other mods include: ZL1 springs, toe rods, trailing arms, multiple bushing upgrades, sway bars & endlinks, slotted/dimpled rotors, 6-piston brembo front caliper upgrade, strut tower brace. Then a bunch of cosmetic things & upgraded stereo.

BTW, it's my daily driver.
Very nice. Have you taken her to the track? Ironically (or is it just coincidentally? ;) ), a friend and I are taking my two cars to the track for the first time this upcoming Friday. Unfortunately it is only a 1/8 mile. But hoping for, say, 13's in the 1/4, I guess I should hope for high 8's/low 9's in the 1/8. I'd guess you're in the 12's in the 1/4?

At over 6000' in elevation, my best time at the 1/4 mile is a 14.1 @ 106 mph.

Using the NHRA altitude corrections for Denver, I'm would be at 13.26 @ 112 mph.

http://www.nhra.com/competition/altitude.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Disclaimer: I've only taken it to the drag strip once, and only did 6 passes. At the time I was using near-bald all season tires, so I'm fairly certain the car can go faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Using the NHRA altitude corrections for Denver, I'm would be at 13.26 @ 112 mph.

Disclaimer: I've only taken it to the drag strip once, and only did 6 passes. At the time I was using near-bald all season tires, so I'm fairly certain the car can go faster.
Yikes, then maybe I'll be more in the 14s, or low-mid 9s in the 1/8. I was hoping for 13s though. I'm guessing the S4 will do better than the Max due to the AWD. We'll see...

The other issue is that I'm at close to 4000 lbs. It's a heavy bitch and reducing weight is difficult.

I call winner! Road course, or drag strip! I'll even give you guys a 2 or 3 second head start... in the 1/8 mile... without the nitrous :D

Wagon 10-3.jpg

2013-08-03_15_57_32_02.JPG

Love the transformers logo on there Dex!
You should see some of his other pics of the Bee at the Denver Comicon and the other Movie car group.

Put up a link!
2013 Comic Con: http://s44.photobucket.com/user/dexman1349/library/Camaro%202010-08-21/2013%20Denver%20Comic%20Con

2014 Comic Con: http://s44.photobucket.com/user/dexman1349/library/Camaro%202010-08-21/Comiccon%202014

I didn't take Bee this year.

You can see I replaced the front bumper between shows. The new one is a custom one that has the mailslot from the SS inserted onto a ZL1 front end.

This pic from 2013 is my computer's desktop:

1009525_614957651857001_356177756_oEdited_zpse613d77d.jpg

We have a ton of different cars in the club (including 2 other Bee's) and a limited amount of floor space. I was only supposed to be there in 2013, but was a last minute fill-in for 2014. We used one of the other Bees this year. The part that makes it challenging is that we have to give up our car for the full weekend. Load the car into the convention center on Thursday evening, and pick it up Monday night (this year was over Memorial Day weekend, so was a day longer than usual).

Ahh, that makes sense. Yeah that could get pretty inconvenient, especially on long weekends.

Thanks for the links though, awesome pics!

We have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2wd and its ok...I guess. It sucks in the snow. In fact the whole hybrid thing has alot of weird aspects that annoy me. We will be needing something soon and will either get the gas guzzling Highlander or the new Explorer. They both look great, seat 7, are not a minivan and get good gas mileage. I'm leaning toward the Explorer due to looks alone. However, the Highland is known to be one of the longest lasting vehicles on the road. Mine is proof of that. It has 225,000 miles on it.

Yikes, then maybe I'll be more in the 14s, or low-mid 9s in the 1/8. I was hoping for 13s though. I'm guessing the S4 will do better than the Max due to the AWD. We'll see...
Okay, so both my cars (the supercharged Maxima and the bi-turbo S4) ran 9.3's in the 1/8 last Friday night. I don't have the slips with me but I think the Maxima was around 80mph and the S4 was around 76mph.

Was hoping for better but there is always next time. :)

Both cars were on 91 octane, full interior (minus easy-grab stuff like spare tires, etc.), and fully inflated street tires.

I drove the Maxima. I had a really hard time getting traction. If I hooked, I would get a 9.3 - 9.5. If not, I got a 10.x, sometimes 11.x :( Even the 9.3 had room for improvement with traction.

My friend drove the S4. He was still getting familiar with an AWD stick shift. His best time of the night (9.3) was his very last run at midnight. So, I think the S4 is capable of a little better too.

Overall, lots of fun. :D

Back