Has NCEES decided what to question about yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2201

Reaction score
Has NCEES decided what to question about yet for the Construction Module?

I feel like a guinea pig a little here...any help with typical questions found on past exams??

if its like it was last time, they will look at everything we discuss here and then put completely opposite problems on the exam. Just kidding but it did seem that way...at least to me anyway.

your best bet is to get the outline and study every section from it. Nobody knows what they will ask. It could be completely different. Be prepared for anything from the outline and you will increase your chances of passing the first try. Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The NCEES sample exams are probably the best examples of the type of problems to expect.

There are quite a few areas that are up in the air, temp structures covers alot of ground and its hard to tell what you need to know for the test. The outline gives you a good starting point for the content and look at the references for the sample exam, that will show you what they are looking at when they make up the questions.

The NCEES sample exams are probably the best examples of the type of problems to expect.
There are quite a few areas that are up in the air, temp structures covers alot of ground and its hard to tell what you need to know for the test. The outline gives you a good starting point for the content and look at the references for the sample exam, that will show you what they are looking at when they make up the questions.
Just picked up one of the sample depth exams...not one scheduling problem. It just seems like they're still figuring it out, which makes studying for the test a little frustrating. It helps to see some typical questions up here...

You can count on a couple of sheduling questions, that makes up a good percent of the test in the outline. It is hard to know what they will pull from their bag but the outline is the bag. Make sure you can do the obvious, earth moving, compaction, concrete mixing, scheduling, costing, engineering econ., piles, OSHA, site layout (simple surveying), this will help you get alot of points toward passing. there are some soft spots, Temporary Structures I still am not sure what is expected in this area, coveral alot of turf.

Good Luck

^ I agree with above. I only item that I would like to add are welding symbols, the CERM sucks with these; and DO NOT, do not, do not forget the reshoring manual. You will lose out on easy points if you do not have it.

^ I agree with above. I only item that I would like to add are welding symbols, the CERM sucks with these; and DO NOT, do not, do not forget the reshoring manual. You will lose out on easy points if you do not have it.
Can you provide more details for the "reshoring manual" reference?

The only reference I have found for reshoring is "Handbook of Temporary Structures in Construction: " I was able to get a copy pretty cheap, good book on shoring and scaffold. reshoring falls into the temporary structures black hole of topics. I have not seen a reshoring manual anywhere??

what is re reshoring? its more like for temp support?

Back