Happy Birthday Fearless Leader

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1e1bdbf82b8bd408791949ff87be6e7ac9a79cf305a47f726748bf425ebc1056.jpg

was reminded why we don't normally go out much..  kids wanted to "take me" out to eat at Outback yesterday. 5 people $115 bucks.. such a waste, and fairly average food.... but at least the kids paid the tip.. lols...

5 people $115.  That's cheap.  Not much drinking or appetizers!

but then again you didn't have to cook or clean up.

we go out to eat way too much.  I keep trying to explain to my wife how much money we spend on food.  It's obscene.

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding.  We're in the same boat.  TFMS and I had a date night (the YMCA watches your kid for 4 hours for $15).  $67 for the two of us, no booze, at a casual restaurant.  

yeah that was no booze.  we have gotten beer spoiled here  and they have pretty sucky beer at outback ,so instead of paying $7 bucks for some crappy Coors / bud / sam adams /etc product we just figured we would drink (something good) at home.. Its just something I don't put a lot of value in anymore..

My wife and daughter each only got a side salad and a baked potato....(women)

My first inclination was to just grill some good steaks at the house, wish I would have just done that! and I could have skipped the whole overly happy extra flare chirpy waiter bit as well.

Whenever we go to outback, a bloomin' onion is a must have.  They recently closed the one closest to us, so I haven't been in awhile.  My opinion was that the outback charged more than the food they served was worth....but the kids like going there for the bloomin' onion.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes we totally devoured the bloomin onion. its really the only thing on the menu that is worthwhile!

My 13 year old doesn't like onions, so more for me :D

Happy belated, RG! Sorry that I missed it on the official day...does that put me on double secret probation?

Latest posts

Back