Halloween Poll

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you decorate for Halloween?

• HECK YEAH! I like to scare the $#!+ out of those kids!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I put some store bought decorations up

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I hang my kids Halloween artwork on the fridge and around the house

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, but I buy candy (you know, for the kids)

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Halloween is for devil worshipers.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I remember running across this giant empty field each Halloween to go over to Officer's Housing, where the promise of full size candy bars and chocolate abounded.

My best ever Halloween score was hitting a house on a slow night, and the homeowner, who was a doctor, got called into work, and pulled a "gotta run, don't want to waste them, here, take them all". Two baskets of full size candybars dumped in my pillow case.

we don't visit more than a dozen houses on our street. some of the neighbors give out juice boxes every year. the dr next door went all out crazy at sams club and bought just about everything. they allow trick or treat two nights here to give the little kids a go without the older kids out and about.

We have a neighborhood adult party on Friday or Saturday night, but then on Halloween our block is a mad house with kids. I guess the word got out that there is a ton of candy here because the vast majority of kids we see aren't from our neighborhood and the amount that show up are more each year. I will dress up and walk the kids around while Mrs Dex stays home to hand out candy. We will go through several large bags and still have to raid the pantry. Our kids will come home each with a full pillowcase. Last year MiniDex#1 ate a ton of it that night and lets just say Reeces Peanut Butter vomit is not pleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Halloween, but don't decorate much. I'm on a cul-de-sac, so we never get trick or treaters.

I'm thinking about dressing up this year. Last year we had an awkward moment when a guy kept asking us who's kid is who's....we kept saying they are ours, until he "got" it (my kids have two moms, if you didn't know).

I seem to remember when I was a little kid, my parents handed out beer to parents while they were trick or treating.

Too bad that doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
my older two probably wont even trick or treat this year, less milk duds for me every year..................

Back