Guessing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't received them yet. I took in VA and they utilize PCS (engineering exam service) and from what I understand it takes awhile. I honestly don't feel real hopefully, but its okay I will try again if I can if I don't get it this time.

One of my eng. professors, who also teaches a course in statistics, suggested we pick one letter and stick to it. That way we'll get about 25% of them correct. wvgirl14, the way you suggested should work too. Btw, I'm guessing you re-took the FE this April? good luck with that!
I remember we both had taken the FE a few times and were really close to passing. Hope this is your time!! :thumbs:
Thanks Klox23. I hope and pray so too. Not real confident this time, I know of a few stupid mistakes, a little more rattled this time around, but if I don't pass I will dust myself off and try again! I feel better about the afternoon. Glad you passed yours!

Wvgirl,

Hows your FE REsult?

Haven't received them yet. I took in VA and they utilize PCS (engineering exam service) and from what I understand it takes awhile. I honestly don't feel real hopefully, but its okay I will try again if I can if I don't get it this time.

One of my eng. professors, who also teaches a course in statistics, suggested we pick one letter and stick to it. That way we'll get about 25% of them correct. wvgirl14, the way you suggested should work too. Btw, I'm guessing you re-took the FE this April? good luck with that!
I remember we both had taken the FE a few times and were really close to passing. Hope this is your time!! :thumbs:
Thanks Klox23. I hope and pray so too. Not real confident this time, I know of a few stupid mistakes, a little more rattled this time around, but if I don't pass I will dust myself off and try again! I feel better about the afternoon. Glad you passed yours!
wvgirl,

good luck and I wish you success on your FE.

Wvgirl,

Hows your FE REsult?

Thanks, I'll let you know how it turned out.

wvgirl,

good luck and I wish you success on your FE.

Wvgirl,

Hows your FE REsult?

Per NCEES scoring:

"Your exam results are determined by the number of items you answered correctly for the exam in its entirety. There are no minimum requirements for particular sections or topics within an exam. You are not penalized for incorrect answers." So it is what you get right in entirety not topic.
I never know whether to write my message above or below a quote...

There is an extremely important message here that the NCEES is trying to tell everyone. Guessing is better than leaving an answer blank. This is not the legacy SAT where it was better to leave an answer blank because of their scoring system. You are not penalized for a wrong answer and leaving a question blank is a wrong answer 100% of the time.

The debate about whether you want a 25% statistical chance of getting an answer right or a varying (0 - 100%) statistical chance of getting an answer right is like gambling. Are you going to walk away with a guaranteed $25 dollars or would you rather take a chance to possibly win more? How lucky do you feel?

Personally, just for appearances, I would rather someone see my Scantron filled with random letters than the last block of bubbles all being the same. Maybe it is an ego thing.

Latest posts

Back