Graphite Issues Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one-does-not-simply-oh-wait-one-does-never-mind.jpg

Nope. same answer I got and thats why response is in quote. I got that respone within 10 minutes. Basically smudged answer will be verifed against intended answer. Response says intended answer takes precedence over other marking/s.

Wow!

Ok, just to clarify for the engineers reading this thread. WE ARE MESSING WITH YOU!

Good Lord Almighty.

I thought the issue was with the graphite, not the erasers.

People, let's try to take things a little more seriously. There's no way The release of any map would be authorized.

Thanks ncees rep. Sometimes we need things to be put into perspective.

Authorized or not, is the map fairly accurate?

Dear God, he actually contacted NCEES about this. Did they immediately void your exam for asking about pencil graphite 'issues?'

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I got one. Time to move on to the next victim....I mean thread.

Bwahahaha.......

I taked to NCEES they said " Many thousands of people have used the pencils we have gotten from the same company for many years without trouble. Any form of erasing can cause smudges, and for the most part, the pencils we use work perfectly fine. Although it brings a very important point about why we require that everyone use the same pencil/eraser.As for the exam itself, erasures rarely make it difficult for the digital computer system to score. We spot check many answer sheets and even with large smudges on the paper, the computer is able to pick out the answer you selected. We have actually NEVER found a mistake by the computer scoring." This is perfect response to Ken 3.0's response of " No, but eraser marks count as double against you.", basically we should be good.
not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should consider having new members sign a waiver saying they won't contact NCEES for any reason at all regarding anything stupid that Ken 3.0 might say. Might throw matt and mike in there as well.

[emoji3]

Back