Graphite Issues Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They only have 3 employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I am honestly having trouble determining whether this post is a hoax or real. Have they seriously had issues with the pencils used during the exam leading to grading problems? Has this been a problem in the past?
In '09 it caused widespread delays. The horror.

Ironically, it could delay results because all of you will call or chat NCEES and they'll have to deal with this hoax instead of working to get out the results.
Right, because the people taking the calls/chats are the same people grading the exams
And when you call customer service and want to escalate because you want to talk with someone who really knows the truth, who would they send you to? Someone who works with the exams. And what would that person normally be working on? The results. QED.......

incorrect. They will send you to someone slightly more informed, but equally detached from the grading process

And when you call customer service and want to escalate because you want to talk with someone who really knows the truth, who would they send you to? Someone who works with the exams. And what would that person normally be working on? The results. QED.......

Wrong! They will send you to NJMike.

Wrong! They will send you to NJMike.
grinch-smile-o.gif

This stuff is exponentially more amusing 6 months later, something about a passing score must have made me get the joke a little better.

My sources said the problem originated in Wyoming, but now there is concern that it is more wide spread than originally thought. So now they have to run checks on all pencils issued in all states. You can send your pencils to me and I will deliver them to the appropriate personnel responsible for testing.[/quote

That's a big 10-4 red ranger!

I taked to NCEES they said " Many thousands of people have used the pencils we have gotten from the same company for many years without trouble. Any form of erasing can cause smudges, and for the most part, the pencils we use work perfectly fine. Although it brings a very important point about why we require that everyone use the same pencil/eraser.As for the exam itself, erasures rarely make it difficult for the digital computer system to score. We spot check many answer sheets and even with large smudges on the paper, the computer is able to pick out the answer you selected. We have actually NEVER found a mistake by the computer scoring." This is perfect response to Ken 3.0's response of " No, but eraser marks count as double against you.", basically we should be good.

I taked to NCEES they said " Many thousands of people have used the pencils we have gotten from the same company for many years without trouble. Any form of erasing can cause smudges, and for the most part, the pencils we use work perfectly fine. Although it brings a very important point about why we require that everyone use the same pencil/eraser.As for the exam itself, erasures rarely make it difficult for the digital computer system to score. We spot check many answer sheets and even with large smudges on the paper, the computer is able to pick out the answer you selected. We have actually NEVER found a mistake by the computer scoring." This is perfect response to Ken 3.0's response of " No, but eraser marks count as double against you.", basically we should be good.
You have got to be shitting me?

Back