Good NEC Review - Stallcups

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMB5mil

Reaction score
I was doing an NEC review this morning when I remembered the copy of "Stallcup's Electrical Design Book" I've got in my office reference library.

I haven't taken the PE yet, but it looks like this is a perfect review book for the NEC questions likely to appear on the exam. It covers all sections of the code and has 30-40 questions at the end of each chapter. The questions are short and don't require extensive calculations (unlike the examples at the end of the code book).

Note that this book does not have the complete code text like the code Handbook, nor does it go in order or keep subjects completely separate (i.e. the chapter on Grounding focuses on Section 250, but wanders off into other grounding subjects addressed elsewhere in the code). Nevertheless, from what I've seen it is the best source for practice problems for the NEC.

Anyone agree or disagree? Please leave feedback for everyone's benefit.

Also, don't forget the accompanying instructor's guide with answers to the practice problems...

Take care.

I was doing an NEC review this morning when I remembered the copy of "Stallcup's Electrical Design Book" I've got in my office reference library.
I haven't taken the PE yet, but it looks like this is a perfect review book for the NEC questions likely to appear on the exam. It covers all sections of the code and has 30-40 questions at the end of each chapter. The questions are short and don't require extensive calculations (unlike the examples at the end of the code book).

Note that this book does not have the complete code text like the code Handbook, nor does it go in order or keep subjects completely separate (i.e. the chapter on Grounding focuses on Section 250, but wanders off into other grounding subjects addressed elsewhere in the code). Nevertheless, from what I've seen it is the best source for practice problems for the NEC.

Anyone agree or disagree? Please leave feedback for everyone's benefit.

Also, don't forget the accompanying instructor's guide with answers to the practice problems...

Take care.
WARNING!!!

Stallcup's Electrical Design Book 2005 is filled with errors! This book is not a good book to study.

Last edited by a moderator:
it won't hurt to review that book and to do the questions. even bring it in with you for confidence. if u had to choose between the code book, the handbook or stallups i would definately choose the handbook. Just make sure u are upto date on the books.

Back