Good Luck on your exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will frame that piece of paper for sure haha.  I actually took it in Fort worth, TX since they allowed the early taking of the exam. OK allows it now, but I had already registered in TX. My friend took it in Edmond this time, and she said they get a decent size table for two people so the space/set up should not be a problem. Good luck to you in October :)  
I actually tested in Edmond too. Fingers crossed. I'm trying to mentor some college students on FE and doing some otrher things to pass time. The wait can be nerve-wrecking but I will find positive things to do to improve my community while I wait.

I actually tested in Edmond too. Fingers crossed. I'm trying to mentor some college students on FE and doing some otrher things to pass time. The wait can be nerve-wrecking but I will find positive things to do to improve my community while I wait.
You took MDM right? What did you think of it? A few problems in the morning section stumped me and I had to guess. I was more relaxed and did much better on the pm section. Got into a steady pace. Still was unsure of a few. 

You took MDM right? What did you think of it? A few problems in the morning section stumped me and I had to guess. I was more relaxed and did much better on the pm section. Got into a steady pace. Still was unsure of a few. 
Yes I did MDM. Oooph! Started off shaky. Moved to ones I could decipher. Then guessed a couple too. Second guessing myself on some questions but I will just wait and see.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Truly black pencil with a side button!!! There's a first time for everything. Thanks to @mrs blybrook for bringing one home.
The new pencil was...not great. Cheap thing made in China. The eraser was especially bad and smudged more than it erased. The poor soul next to me was erasing like a madman and making such a gray mess the proctors had to come by with a couple new pencils. All while shaking my side of the table for ten minutes. Wasn't his fault, but still annoying.

The new pencil was...not great. Cheap thing made in China. The eraser was especially bad and smudged more than it erased. The poor soul next to me was erasing like a madman and making such a gray mess the proctors had to come by with a couple new pencils. All while shaking my side of the table for ten minutes. Wasn't his fault, but still annoying.
That's some funny chit.  It brings up a question though and i haven't looked into it, but slapping on a pair of noise cancelling earphones would be nice.  Has anybody tried using earplugs to block out noise?  I can also see there being a lot of foot tappers.  It's been so long since I've taken the FE, i don't even remember if anything like that bugged me.

That's some funny chit.  It brings up a question though and i haven't looked into it, but slapping on a pair of noise cancelling earphones would be nice.  Has anybody tried using earplugs to block out noise?  I can also see there being a lot of foot tappers.  It's been so long since I've taken the FE, i don't even remember if anything like that bugged me.
I brought earplugs with me and had to use them. They did a new thing this year (I'm a repeat taker) and they only allowed two references at any one time on top of the table (you were allowed to keep other references on the floor, but you had to swap one for the other). So there was 360 degrees of paper rustling and dropping books/binders. Quite the din.

I also brought ear plugs but ended out not needing them (Nashville TN).

I agree the eraser was a pain...

Took the mechanical HVAC. Went well I think. No matter how much I try to relax and take it easy, Definitely have been freaking out waiting on the results. And yes I'm refreshing the ncees page excessively.

Agreed about the pencil.  Dumb eraser sheared off on my first use, then smeared my scantron. 

I was more pissed than anything because it was literally the second question that I was working on, plus I was not used to using pencils with the side button.  I kept pressing the top of the pencil all day. Lol 

The guy next to me was in a total sweat and 2-3 proctors had to come by and made a commotion trying to help him out. I, of course, was much more confident in my answers! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Not!
you looked poised/composed to me from the back row getting yelled at for having redbulls...

I brought earplugs with me and had to use them. They did a new thing this year (I'm a repeat taker) and they only allowed two references at any one time on top of the table (you were allowed to keep other references on the floor, but you had to swap one for the other). So there was 360 degrees of paper rustling and dropping books/binders. Quite the din.
That sucks. We were allowed as many references on our table as we wanted in Salem, OR. 

As as for the earlier comment about noise canceling headphones/earbuds. No go on any electronic earbuds. Just foam or rubber type ear plugs are allowed. No music playing type. 

Thanks knight!

Howly cow!  I never thought the day would come.  The previous design was, what?  Like 16 years old?  Does this mean that those of us with the previous design now own a "classic"?  Worth more money?  ;)   I don't care if I have to beg, borrow, or steal..... I am getting my paws on one of these new models.  :nod:    
Oooh, I passed with the last of the classic model.  That sounds fancy!

I was more pissed than anything because it was literally the second question that I was working on, plus I was not used to using pencils with the side button.  I kept pressing the top of the pencil all day. Lol 
word! those pencils threw me off too.

That would be a total nightmare for the structural guys! We were allowed to keep as many as we needed on the desk (Denver)

Back