Going, going, gone.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't see Jolt Cola anymore (%100 sugar and twice the caffeine!)

At least, not in Colorado. Just Vitamin Water out here.

Caring about the rainforest
Caring about acid rain

Caring about the hole in the ozone layer

Caring about AIDS

Haven't you been watching CNN? That stuff is all taken care of. We just need to hit 75 mpg and throw some cash at clean coal technology, then it's smooth sailing. Kick your feet up. All the hard work is behind us. :beerchug:

You don't see Jolt Cola anymore (%100 sugar and twice the caffeine!)At least, not in Colorado. Just Vitamin Water out here.
Jolt is alive and kicking. There is regular strength Jolt and then there is the "Super Jolt" which is basically Jolt^2. You can use super jolt to restart cars and hearts in the emergency taht a defib isn't around.

normal portion size. Went to Burger King the other day for the first time in a long time and ordered a medium meal. When I got the order a Medium was like the 64 oz drink. No wonder americans waistbands are expanding. The small is old medium, what is small now, mini?

I can't believe nobody mentioned this one yet on an engineering board:

Erector sets!

normal portion size. Went to Burger King the other day for the first time in a long time and ordered a medium meal. When I got the order a Medium was like the 64 oz drink. No wonder americans waistbands are expanding. The small is old medium, what is small now, mini?
I ordered a medium drink at a fast food joint and they gave me a big cup. I thought medium was 16oz or similar (when I last worked in fast food), this cup held at least twice that!

That was back in the 90's, I understand in the 50's and 60's a medium was 8oz or maybe 12oz.

i still use these at home and in my car. haven't upgraded the madona or debbie gibson collections on cd....can't forget the dirty dancing soundtracks either
madonna, debbie gibson? remind me not to go to any concerts with you. j/k

grocery stores where you dont have to ring up your own groceries!
there's on. how about a real cash register?

transistor radios

The slide rule (still rarely used, mainly for promotional items like calculators for insulation etc)

Sony Walkman [cassette] I think Sony still has the 'walkman' but its an mp3 player now.

Back