Going, going, gone.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember having to drink a LOT of black cherry Shasta back in the day.

Bag cell phones

Paying for internet by minutes of use

in, what were they, 6 oz. returnable bottles?

Yeah, the short glass bottles. My grandfather had a Coke machine in the office. The bottles were stacked behind a door on the right side. The whole door opened to get one out.

Not to mention paying for the minutes used to connect to it by dial up. My dad nearly strangled me one time when the phone bill was $250 because I picked a dial up number that was apparently long distance.
I remember neurotically checking the call numbers to make sure they were local. Ah...that sound of a modem connecting...how I don't miss it...

I remember neurotically checking the call numbers to make sure they were local. Ah...that sound of a modem connecting...how I don't miss it...

crrrrrrrrrrrrrCRRRRRRRRRRR BA-DOING BA-DOING boooooooooop BEEEEEEEEEEEP

Although when you tried to log on at 8 or 9 PM and got a busy signal for 45 minutes, that sound of it finally connecting was the sweetest sound in the world.

Although when you tried to log on at 8 or 9 PM and got a busy signal for 45 minutes, that sound of it finally connecting was the sweetest sound in the world.
Only to have someone call your house and interrupt your connection.

S&H green stamps, was for christmas shopping at my house growing up.

AFX race cars / slot racers

S&H green stamps, was for christmas shopping at my house growing up.AFX race cars / slot racers
S&H, wow thanks for the memory. There was a huge distribution store near here. I remember going to the grocery store with my mother and the cashier dialing in the total on the stamp dispensing machine. As a kid, I used to paste them in the books. Of course they were about as "valuable" as the skeeball tickets at the arcade.

Side pipes on sustom vans

Custom Vans

Chain steering wheels

Slapper bars

Hurst Lightning Rods

Back