Go Giants!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Giants - we want a re-match.

love and kisses,

Bill

VP Biden made a little faux pas when addressing a SF crowd the other day. He proclaimed the Giants are going to the Superbowl!! Confusing the NY football team and the SF (nee NY baseball team) along the way.

Also, Hernandez at RB, Edelman at nickle safety, Brady punting, and Ochostinko nowhere in sight. In Bill We Trust.

minisnick has been in a Madagascar movie mood of late so whenever i hear people referencing the giants the first thing I think of is the line in the move where king julian says all hail the NY giants.

I'm a Pats fan, and I have a lot of family and friends who have been wanting this rematch with the Giants. I would've preferred to play SF as they looked like a scared deer in headlights. NY's defense is playing well. The teams are evenly matched, the Pats have some injuries and Brady didn't look right against the Ravens. This might not be the game many expect it to be.

All the star QBs are allowed to have a bad game every now and then. If the game against Baltimore was Brady's bad game it could be a long night for the Giants. On the other hand, Eli Manning is playing a heck of a football without the spotlight and the media buzz his older bro brings.

I heard an ESPN analyst saying that if Eli wins he should be elected to the NFL HOF. I consider that to be a stupid statement. That means that Dan Marino does not deserve to be in the HOF. Do not you think that? Little Manning has a SB ring already. Marino has zero. Based on the same reasoning Peyton Manning should not be elected to the HOF because "only" has one SB ring. Sometimes I believe any idiot can be an analyst these days.

I have no favorites. Do like both teams. Both teams have excellent players but think that New England has some edge because the two TEs. Those two guys are short and long distance threats. Now Hernandez is running the ball too. Yikes!!!! Gronk and Hernandez give the Patriots a heck of a one two punch. Then comes Mr. Welker. The only weaknesses I see are their running game and their questionable secondary. They looked super against Denver and Tebow(really?) but very vulnerable against the Ravens.

On the other hand, the Giants have Manningham, Nicks, and Cruuuuuuuuuuuz. Talk about a dream team for receivers. Their defense should strike fear in the bests QBs. Jacobs and Bradshaw are tanks and if they pound the defensive line hard enough, a running play may be the difference in the game. Right now the Giants are playing as good as they can be but if Smith was able to throw the ball against them, I can only imagine what Tom Brady can do to them.

Expect a heck of a game. I am going to prepare my own SB party and enjoy the game in my HD TV. :bio:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to a great match and hoping the Pats come out on top.

Brady lost to the Giants once in the Super Bowl, so you know he wants to get back at them.

When Tebow took centerstage and overshadowed Brady, Brady played very well (He also punted the ball at the end just to spite them too imo, lol).

Brady lost to the Giants once in the Super Bowl, so you know he wants to get back at them.
yeah he also lost to them (@ home) in week 9 of this season. Should be a good matchup (i hope) but the AFC in general has been so marginal this season (excepting maybe Houston) - I really don't see Brady & company exacting revenge against this Giants team.

Back