Get on the Map!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries - I realize the suspected NY stench suspect.
I grew up outside NYC. I've driven the NJ Turnpike enough to realize how awful it is. I'm not at all surprised. The smell near Newark Airport is enough to make me gag.

I just meant as long as we were on the topic of stinky, drive past the dump on a windy day.

You haven't been warned. I'm not sure why that changed from the percentage scaled warning bar either. I think RG updated the board or changed some settings.
Nothing beats checking the tide charts to determine whether or not you will take the Turnpike when you know there will be heavy traffic. Low tide is horrible. I got stuck on the Turnpike between 15W and 16W for an hour and a half one day on my way up to Teaneck for a pre-bid meeting. I should have just gone up the Parkway to Route 4.

-Ray

That extension of I-78 between the Holland Tunnel and the Turnpike is the worst. There's this bridge over some body of water and something industrial. It smells like a garbage dump, maybe it is. My car stunk like it for miles even with the windows closed.

I would like to see a city called Bei Jing in China being identified on the Map. It is amazing to be able to see the Great Wall. I have been there twice at different sites. :winko:

That extension of I-78 between the Holland Tunnel and the Turnpike is the worst. There's this bridge over some body of water and something industrial. It smells like a garbage dump, maybe it is. My car stunk like it for miles even with the windows closed.
I used to have to commute out to JFK airport for a while for one of our projects - can't say that Staten Island or Long Island were any better!

I hate the Goethals bridge. I refuse to ever cross it again.

-Ray

I would like to see a city called Bei Jing in China being identified on the Map. It is amazing to be able to see the Great Wall. I have been there twice at different sites. :)
Someone in my office is from Peking, Indiana - does that count ?? :2cents:

JR

Someone in my office is from Peking, Indiana - does that count ?? :beerchug:
JR
Hahaha...I heard a town named Palestine, TX where a space shuttle with the first Israelis on it exploded trying to re-entry the earth. I forgot which shuttle. Nonetheless that was a bizzar coincident.

I know how to add myself on the map now. It is fun. Where are you at?

Last edited:
Hahaha...I heard a town named Palestine, TX where a space shuttle with the first Israelis on it exploded trying to re-entry the earth. I forgot which shuttle. Nonetheless that was a bizzar coincident.
I know how to add myself on the map now. It is fun. Where are you at?
I am in Tallahassee, Florida - the capital. Not that anyone could tell by how small townish this place looks !!!

JR

Hey all, from Grants Pass, OR here.....yes....THE Grants Pass. If you don't know, now you know.

I would propse a two-prong approach.

1. Cumulative Distribution (all memeber past and present); and

2. Current membership

:2cents:

JR

I was just about to add myself...new map soon? Should I wait, or go ahead and add myself?

Back