Get down to business for Power PE -1984 Grad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

170B

Reaction score
I graduated BSEE im '84, I passed the EIT at that time. I haven't really done much pure engineering since then, and now I need to take the Power PE in Calif.

I feel like I need to review a LOT, but I want to be efficient about it and go to the test with the necessary reference materials in-hand.

There are no convenient physical review courses near me.

What is the consensus about on-line review courses, DVDs, etc?

What do you recommend?

This looks like a great community!

Thanks

Welcome to the community! Although I'm only now preparing for the FE, our situations are somewhat familiar in that I've been out of college for a while (graduated in 2004 from a 2 year technology program), I have also been working in a field where although I utilize my knowledge and engineering background, I use my 4 year environmental degree much more. I've been getting ready to start the new year with preparing for the exam and although I'm pretty much a goofball, I tend to get slightly ocd when it comes to most things. I have set up a study schedule and found that Texas A&M has free downloadable videos that I'm actually downloading today. I found the following post in another thread pretty helpful since it was simlar to the approach I was planning on taking.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=17847

take some time looking around, you will be amazed at how many helpful posts you'll find on here!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems a lot of people like the Georgia Tech online course...

Back