Geo PM depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brono

Reaction score
Does any body who has taken Geo Depth exam have any idea about the difficulty of the afternoon session? 

It is relevant to how much experience you have in the geotechnical field. The first eleven questions I came across in the afternoon portion took me about 20 minutes to complete. That is because it was stuff I deal with on a day to day basis. What do you do for work?

I also have a geotech masters and some of the questions in the PM Session were relatively simple if you work in the field. For me,  15 to 20 were relatively ok but the other ones I was kinda lost... Maybe because I work in the public sector and don't really have the opportunity to see all the parts of the geotech field... 

I did all question in 2 hrs. Or even less but I had hard time with conseptuale questions which were really tricky. I don't know how did you come up with those questions? 

I did all question in 2 hrs. Or even less but I had hard time with conseptuale questions which were really tricky. I don't know how did you come up with those questions? 
Well dang, you finished pretty fast! I made my first run through the exam in about 2 hours, but had to go back and work the 3 or 4 I skipped. I then was able to make a second pass through all 40 questions and double-check my work.

The conceptual questions are the ones I was talking about. I knew those from work. I guess this is the 'practice' portion of the exam that recent grads would have more trouble with. I got very good experience for my only 4 years out of school because I work in smaller office and am tasked with running our geotechnical department.

What do you do for work?

Well dang, you finished pretty fast! I made my first run through the exam in about 2 hours, but had to go back and work the 3 or 4 I skipped. I then was able to make a second pass through all 40 questions and double-check my work.

The conceptual questions are the ones I was talking about. I knew those from work. I guess this is the 'practice' portion of the exam that recent grads would have more trouble with. I got very good experience for my only 4 years out of school because I work in smaller office and am tasked with running our geotechnical department.

What do you do for work?
I have master in Geo but I work for CMT Dept. To me those question were not very clear and its interpretation was not easy made it challenging. 

Latest posts

Back