GA PE License Issued?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATL_GC - This is the exact same scenario Enviro Man and I encountered.  The GA SOS website is official.

I had this sent to my email from GA SOS "Congratulations! Your application for a Professional Engineer has been approved by the Professional Licensing Board." (It did go to my Junk folder in Gmail so I did not check that till just now!). But I was issued a PE number by the state and it was verified on the GA SOS License Verification. My NCEES dashboard still showes the results pending. Hopefully the situation Road Guy brought up does not happen?!?

FYI: Last name begins in P as well
Congrats. Did you get that email today or Friday?

I'm assuming that all of your guys who checked through SOS have your EIT in GA? I'm an SC EIT, so there's no way to check for me.. 

Received the email Dec 11: 6:10pm from the GA SOS. The PEs in my office are saying that the GA SOS site is official, so hopefully everyone is correct. Congratulations to you guys as well if that is the case! 

@Thunnda: EIT in GA

Yeah same here and got the email at like the same time, just didn't know if any new emails had been sent out today. Maybe more will go out tonight.

So Georgia only issued 3 licenses today. They were for reciprocity from other states. I am beginning to think the original 14 licenses they released on Friday maybe we're uploaded early by mistake. 

So Georgia only issued 3 licenses today. They were for reciprocity from other states. I am beginning to think the original 14 licenses they released on Friday maybe we're uploaded early by mistake. 
How can you tell how many were released in a day?

If you go to the state website and do a license lookup. In the search do engineers and surveyors, then profession engineers. Leave the first and last name section blank and do a search.  This will give you all professional engineer licenses in GA. Then click on the license number tab to adjust it by number instead of name. Do this so that they are newest to oldest. From there you can see which ones have been issued. 

keep the faith guys. you will know when you get an email, sos verification on application status or ncees results. if you look at prevous georgia result threads it is not uncommon for results to stretch over 3-4 days. have a beer and get some sleep.

Has anyone else tried calling the SOS licensing office to see what the hold up is?

Phone: (478) 207-2440 Toll Free (844) 753-7825 

It doesn't seem right that they would release a few licenses on Friday and then go a couple more days without anything else.

No I haven't tried calling.  I figured we are just waiting on the board to gather around one another to validate scores.  We just so happened to be one of the few states that still has the board validate results prior to releasing results.

I submitted an email asking for an update about when to expect results. Maybe the emails go to someone higher up?

I was able to get a clearer response this way when I had a question about my professional experience when applying to take the PE.

I really don't have much faith.  The state lost my application.  I had to call the last day of NCEES registration to ask why my application was not approved since I turned it in 3 months ago.  They had no clue.  They magically found it and sent me a letter to sit for the exam the same day.

i called and was given a ticket number.  The person i talked with didnt know what the process was.  They said they would respond back to me within 72 hours  :rolleyes:

Back