Foreign Degree Evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepa

Reaction score
Hi,

I have applied to AARCAO for my foreign degree evaluation. I have a bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering from India and a Master's degree in Environmental System's Engineering. I have applied for FE exam in Oct, 2008.

I haven't heard from AARCAO for over 15 weeks from the date of my application. The WA licensing board wants my degree evaluation by August 25th to confirm my FE exam in Oct. I'm really worried about the situation. I have called, emailed and faxed them several letters and reminders but no use.

Has anyone less been in this situation? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Deepa

Hi,
I have applied to AARCAO for my foreign degree evaluation. I have a bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering from India and a Master's degree in Environmental System's Engineering. I have applied for FE exam in Oct, 2008.

I haven't heard from AARCAO for over 15 weeks from the date of my application. The WA licensing board wants my degree evaluation by August 25th to confirm my FE exam in Oct. I'm really worried about the situation. I have called, emailed and faxed them several letters and reminders but no use.

Thanks,

Deepa
Hi Deepa!

I Got my degree of civil engineeing evaluated in May2007 but, they took only six weeks to complete the process.In your case, keep contacting them and tell the situation.

Kuldeep.

Hi Deepa,

be persistent. keep calling them. they should not have any reason to not be able to complete it in time. if needed, ask them to fax it to the board when it's ready.

i had similar experience with another company. they're not the most responsive people. they will take their time and won't rush for anybody. not that it's the most difficult job ever (evaluating the document).

Basically i had to call several times a day, send e-mails and fax until i finally heard anything. it took them so long just to inform me that i had to submit more credits (i took too many engineering credits not enough social studies).

chrys

Hi,

Thanks,

Deepa

Hi there,

even I am in similar situation and scared that I would not have enough credits to qualify (coz of social Sc and similar courses which they dont offer in India), I have MS and more than 4 yrs of exp not sure if that would help to convince them that I don't need those credits, what did u do, did u take those courses here or they approved ur app w/o those courses?

thanks

Hi there,
even I am in similar situation and scared that I would not have enough credits to qualify (coz of social Sc and similar courses which they dont offer in India), I have MS and more than 4 yrs of exp not sure if that would help to convince them that I don't need those credits, what did u do, did u take those courses here or they approved ur app w/o those courses?

thanks

Hi Mech Engg and all:

I am in a similar situation. I have a Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering and I have aplied for the exam board in Mississippi. I had my degree evaluated and the board informed me that I need 7 more credits in humanities and sciences. So, I decided to come back to school and finish these credits, I will start studying at college soon. Its beeing a long journey and I cant wait until I have everything get done.

Monalisa.

Hi Deepa,
be persistent. keep calling them. they should not have any reason to not be able to complete it in time. if needed, ask them to fax it to the board when it's ready.

i had similar experience with another company. they're not the most responsive people. they will take their time and won't rush for anybody. not that it's the most difficult job ever (evaluating the document).

Basically i had to call several times a day, send e-mails and fax until i finally heard anything. it took them so long just to inform me that i had to submit more credits (i took too many engineering credits not enough social studies).

chrys

Hi,

Thanks,

Deepa
I was in a similar situation as you are. My evaluation came out short in social sciences and humanities. But the master's Degree and the four year experience made a difference. I attended the State Board meeting when they were gonna go over the applications and approve them. I wanted to explain to the Board right then, had they not accepted my application. Luckily they didnt question it and approved it. By the way it was for FE and Indiana State Board. I hope everything flows smoothly this time around too, for my PE application.

I would highly recommend you to attend the first Board Meeting after the application deadline because that is when they do the approvals.

Back