Ford Mustang GT or Camaro SS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude. get the challenger SRT8.
For $10k more than the Camaro/Mustang? I could get the SRT8, but it needs this upgrade simply to compete with the GT and SS (not beat, simply compete). I drove the R/T Challenger and it is so heavy, it feels like it's pulling a trailer. Plus it has the same lofty, "floaty" suspension as the Charger that when combined with the weight couldn't corner to save it's life.

All this coming from a born and raised Mopar guy...

SRT-8: Slowest, heaviest, most overpriced.

I own 5 GM's, and I would STILL get the Mustang.

Just talked to the salesman from the Ford dealership. We started working numbers last night to get me into a 2010 GT, and after I told him about the upgrades for 2011, even he agreed that I should wait and buy the 2011...

shoot, for a few extra bucks why don't you pick up one of these

800px-Lamborghini_Gallardo_silver.jpg

From a 2007 Mustang GT owner with 105,000 miles on it.

I would wait for the 2011 Mustang GT, and never look back! My car has been the most fun car I've ever owned, and as soon as I get this company to the point that I can afford it, I'm getting a 5.0L replacement.

Mine is about the same color as my Chevelle in my photo, and the interior is black. It's hot, but I don't think it's too bad.

So the dealership called me back this evening to say they "came up with a great offer" if I wanted to forgo the wait on the 2011 and get the 2010 I test drove yesterday. They are now offering 0% financing for 60 months or 1.9% for 72. I'm really tempted to take the 0% financing, but my only concern is that I still have my current car I need to get rid of. I don't want to trade it in because the Blue Book on it is roughly the payoff, but if I trade it I'd be taking a $4k hit. You guys think I have a chance of selling an 06 Jetta within the next month?

Camaro if you want looks. G37 if you want power and handling.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Buying a car that may burst into flames on the way home from the dealership is definitely living on the edge. :D

Go for the new Audi R8 that was in Ironman 2. You only need a fatty 6 figure salary to pay for it (assuming you have no other bills that year).

They are now offering 0% financing for 60 months or 1.9% for 72.
Guh...I would not finance a car over 5 or 6 years. I already hate my current loan, and I'm only 2 years into a 3 year loan.
I try never to pay interest on a depreciating asset. Repairs to the old truck are still cheaper than getting a shiny new one.

They are now offering 0% financing for 60 months or 1.9% for 72.
Guh...I would not finance a car over 5 or 6 years. I already hate my current loan, and I'm only 2 years into a 3 year loan.
I try never to pay interest on a depreciating asset. Repairs to the old truck are still cheaper than getting a shiny new one.
Yeah, and I like buying used, too. Let someone else take that first 1-3 year depreciation hit.

^I still like buying new. I just don't do it very often. My truck is 11 years old and my car is 20.

I like buying new too. I don't mind taking the hit, it's just worth it to me to know everything that car has been through. It may cost me more in the long run, but I still like it.

as far as the 0% financing. I KNOW that's a tough choice, and to be REAL honest. The 2010's I think are still better than the 07 I have, and I think are still VERY competitive with the Camaro and Challenger. Car and Driver did a comparo a few months back.

If you're not hell bent on the more expensive 2011 and the 5.0 engine with 412 HP and better gas mileage through the use of a 6 speed tranny, then I would think the 2010 is STILL a good buy.

I may wait for the 2012 model, I'm hearing a BOSS 302 scheme is coming. I had 2 dream cars as a kid. A 67 Chevelle SS and a 70 BOSS 302 Mustang....I have one, and the chance to get a newer version of the second one is very tempting.

a THIRD option would be to find a slightly USED 08 or 09 Shelby Cobra Mustang. I know where a 6000 mile 08 model is for about 40K. I keep hoping they will sell it so I don't have to keep looking at it on the internet! lol

Back