For those who passed SE-1, what is the initial license period?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack1977

Reaction score
I am curious to know, for those who passed SE-1, what is the initial license period in your Congratulation letter? which state are you in?

My office colleague passed this April SE-1 and his congratulation letter says his license will be valid to Dec.31, 2010. I would like to know if after Dec. 31, 2010, this SE-1 result will no longer valid.

I am planning to take PE exam next April, if SE-1 result is only valid to Dec. 31, 2010, then I will take civil/structural not SE-1. Our office is in Kansas City.

Does anybody know anything about this SE-1 result issue? Will SE-1 result be still valid for a PE license after new SE format test is into effective in 2011?

Thanks.

Anyone who passes the SE-I now will be licensed in whichever states accepts it for professional license even after the change over. Once the new SE format comes out he or she will not be able to get reciprocity (that my current understanding) in other states unless they take the Civil/Structural PE exam or the new SE exam.

The Civil/Structural PE Exam is even debatable right now for Structural Reciprocity after the change.

Back