Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first time taking this crazy thing called the PE and WOW! NOT COOL!!!

I took Civil + Construction and this was not what I was expecting at all. Way more theory/qualitative problems then any one would ever need. Screw Transpo questions by the way too!

Made a list of questions types that i can remember that were on there but it turns out i have a shitty memory too... lol if a fellow October Civil-Construction taker would like to have a therapy session  please reach out! 

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!  
LOL I'm in for therapy session  :rotflmao:

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!  The results are out!  I passed!  Check your NCEES account!

(How did I do on my spamming?  I am new at this.)

Pass.PNG

So i took the Civil / Construction Exam for the first time and yea like many previous posts suggest it was the hardest exam I have taken. I can talk about how much time I spent studying and preparing but I'm sure everyone here had spent the same amount if not more. I even took the School of PE on demand classes and I would say it definitely helped during preparation time and hugely reliable when I took the practice exams. I took 2-3 Ncees practice exams, 2 Goswami practice exams (Breadth), Mike's AM exam and a 3rd party PM exam that I can't think of at the moment. All my exam results were above 75% to as high as 85% so i felt i was prepared for the real thing. 

Fast forward to the 10/27 D-Day, I felt the AM was toughhh and tricky. The questions almost always had a wrong answer that could've been chosen as the right answer. Even a simple question. A lot of stupid concept based head scratchers. Overall I think I had to guess on 5-6 in the morning session. I would've talked about a few problems I still remember but I don't want to screw myself over any NDA violations. 

For the Depth, I started off pretty well. I think I knocked out the first 3-4 problems within the first 10-15 minutes... only to realize all my choices were B lol. I went back to check my answers and felt I did them correctly. If anyone else had this please let me know, I woke up in sweating 2 nights later subconsciously thinking about it :/ Sadly, I don't remember a lot of afternoon questions. 

Finishing both exams and coming out of the exam room, I felt that it could go either way (Pass or Fail) but I felt a bit relieved and positive so let's see what happens.  :wacko:  All I know is I gave it my best.  ;)

MODERATOR NOTE:

1.  Per your NCEES policy, you are not allowed to discuss or disclose exam specific content.  Please do NOT post questions on here.

2.  Your post has been edited to remove references to specific exam topics and questions.

3.  Please be mindful of your NDA. [It sounds like you are, but please be vigilant! It's not hard to just not post something related to exam question content]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be much later this cycle due to the processing errors that NCEES has been indicating. One particular examination site is having issues with the completed examination booklets which might add another 2-4 weeks on to the results being released. Hopefully they'll be out by New Years. :dunno:
Yep, I've heard about this too. I hope not too many people's holidays aren't ruined. I remember several years ago when a friend found out she didn't pass the FE exam on Christmas Eve.

So i took the Civil / Construction Exam for the first time and yea like many previous posts suggest it was the hardest exam I have taken. I can talk about how much time I spent studying and preparing but I'm sure everyone here had spent the same amount if not more. I even took the School of PE on demand classes and I would say it definitely helped during preparation time and hugely reliable when I took the practice exams. I took 2-3 Ncees practice exams, 2 Goswami practice exams (Breadth), Mike's AM exam and a 3rd party PM exam that I can't think of at the moment. All my exam results were above 75% to as high as 85% so i felt i was prepared for the real thing. 

Fast forward to the 10/27 D-Day, I felt the AM was toughhh and tricky. The questions almost always had a wrong answer that could've been chosen as the right answer. Even a simple question. A lot of stupid concept based head scratchers. Overall I think I had to guess on 5-6 in the morning session. I would've talked about a few problems I still remember but I don't want to screw myself over any NDA violations. 

For the Depth, I started off pretty well. I think I knocked out the first 3-4 problems within the first 10-15 minutes... only to realize all my choices were B lol. I went back to check my answers and felt I did them correctly. If anyone else had this please let me know, I woke up in sweating 2 nights later subconsciously thinking about it :/ Sadly, I don't remember a lot of afternoon questions. 

Finishing both exams and coming out of the exam room, I felt that it could go either way (Pass or Fail) but I felt a bit relieved and positive so let's see what happens.  :wacko:  All I know is I gave it my best.  ;)

MODERATOR NOTE:

1.  Per your NCEES policy, you are not allowed to discuss or disclose exam specific content.  Please do NOT post questions on here.

2.  Your post has been edited to remove references to specific exam topics and questions.

3.  Please be mindful of your NDA. [It sounds like you are, but please be vigilant! It's not hard to just not post something related to exam question content]
So, this was my second time around and I can tell you this was a much different exam than the April exam. That may just be from a perspective of doing all of the things I possibly could this time around, I'm not sure. The last exam was more worked problems, much less theory and I for sure hadn't wrapped my head around geotech and means and methods as much as I should have. My first try I did testmasters, tabbed a few references and took the NCEES practice exam. I was in for a rude awakening.

This time around I bought all references (which for this exam were SO important because of the theory in it), worked all Goswami breadth and depth exams I could get ahold of and also breadth and depth exams I found on amazon. In doing all of those I knew what my strength and weaknesses were. And I also knew looking through the questions on this October exam which ones I absolutely knew how to do and the questions I was going to be guessing on or searching through references to try and figure out how to do.

I feel much more confident this time around, but again, the questions were tricky, the theory was tricky, so even though I should feel like I've got this, it could still go either way. In the midst of it who knows what my anxiety affected and how many questions were asking for one thing, but seemingly asking for another. 

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!  The results are out!  I passed!  Check your NCEES account!

(How did I do on my spamming?  I am new at this.)
two things. 1) try a little harder on your editing skills next time. overlaps of the white box on other text not meant to be covered, and font/text size and color matching.

2) come over here to get your spam on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this was my second time around and I can tell you this was a much different exam than the April exam. That may just be from a perspective of doing all of the things I possibly could this time around, I'm not sure. The last exam was more worked problems, much less theory and I for sure hadn't wrapped my head around geotech and means and methods as much as I should have. My first try I did testmasters, tabbed a few references and took the NCEES practice exam. I was in for a rude awakening.

This time around I bought all references (which for this exam were SO important because of the theory in it), worked all Goswami breadth and depth exams I could get ahold of and also breadth and depth exams I found on amazon. In doing all of those I knew what my strength and weaknesses were. And I also knew looking through the questions on this October exam which ones I absolutely knew how to do and the questions I was going to be guessing on or searching through references to try and figure out how to do.

I feel much more confident this time around, but again, the questions were tricky, the theory was tricky, so even though I should feel like I've got this, it could still go either way. In the midst of it who knows what my anxiety affected and how many questions were asking for one thing, but seemingly asking for another. 
I felt the same way about the geotech in April. 

Just saw a message in a different thread -  Apparently 52 is the pass cut off score for all Civil disciplines....What do you all think?

1st Time Taker here....Well, as many of you are, I'm still licking my wounds from the traumatic experience I just went through in taking this PE exam. I was prepared for a tough test but the randomness of many of the questions, as well as the way the questions were asked made it very tough. It's definitely not a straight forward type of test where they want you to know the important things of a subject matter.... they can ask anything in anyway! That threw me off... 

Do I feel confident I passed NO...Do I feel confident i failed NO... I'm like right in the middle, I either passed by a bit or failed by a bit.... the next 30 + days are going to suck 

*licking writing hand*

This time waiting after is worse than waiting before. I have already thought of a couple questions that were toss ups, researched a bit and found out I chose the wrong answer...anyone else experiencing this? I just want to get it out of my mind until results! 

This time waiting after is worse than waiting before. I have already thought of a couple questions that were toss ups, researched a bit and found out I chose the wrong answer...anyone else experiencing this? I just want to get it out of my mind until results! 
Yes, one in particular is driving me crazy.

Yes, one in particular is driving me crazy.
Sucks too cause the right answer was one of the two I had it narrowed down to and I just chose the wrong one...looking at it now is like "why the hell would you choose that answer? The right answer is obvious!"

how do you remember your answers? I could barely remember my name. good thing eb had my login info saved thanks to chrome :thumbs:  

Back