Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess my experience was different. I didn't get hung up on any possible missed questions because I knew that I have it my best effort. I didn't start getting anxious about results till about a week or 2 before they were released. I managed that with trolling about delays in the results.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I guess my experience was different. I didn't get hung up on any possible missed questions because I knew that I have it my best effort. I didn't start getting anxious about results till about a week or 2 before they were released. I managed that with trolling about delays in the results.

I'm not hung up on the overall test, just one oddly specific question that I had all but one piece narrowed down, and guessed incorrectly.  It just pisses me off.  There was another that was oddly similar in specificity, and that one does not bother me. 

I'm not hung up on the overall test, just one oddly specific question that I had all but one piece narrowed down, and guessed incorrectly.  It just pisses me off.  There was another that was oddly similar in specificity, and that one does not bother me. 
Don't feel bad. There were 2 questions that I had to guess on because I did not have the design manual that I knew had the answer. Needless to say the odds were not in my favor but I still passed.

Don't feel bad. There were 2 questions that I had to guess on because I did not have the design manual that I knew had the answer. Needless to say the odds were not in my favor but I still passed.

Woot!  Good to hear.  I feel really pretty good this time, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up.  Sigh.

For the Depth, I started off pretty well. I think I knocked out the first 3-4 problems within the first 10-15 minutes... only to realize all my choices were B lol.
Three B’s here as well. I hate it when I have more than two multiples of the same bubble in a row, makes me second guess myself.

I'm thinking about this paradox. NCEES reports almost up to 70% first-time takers will pass the PE/Structural exam. From this perspective, I think I have a high possibility I will pass. On the other hand, the thread indicates we need score 70% questions correct to pass. From this perspective, I'm not confident now. So, I think the second perspective is wrong. That means, we don't need to score 70% to pass.

you are not alone.. I am going through happy moments and then utterly depressed moments as I think about problems on that monster
I'm having this same thing happening to me right now.

Just found out today that one of my "educated guesses" was correct.  Happy.

Then found out one of my "I think this is right... right?" was wrong.  Sad.

I keep hoping that TFS in general has lower cut scores haha.  I have resorted to scouring this board for previous indications even though I know it doesn't matter.

I keep hoping that TFS in general has lower cut scores haha.  I have resorted to scouring this board for previous indications even though I know it doesn't matter.
A natural progression in the phases of waiting for results (see first post).

I'm thinking about this paradox. NCEES reports almost up to 70% first-time takers will pass the PE/Structural exam. From this perspective, I think I have a high possibility I will pass. On the other hand, the thread indicates we need score 70% questions correct to pass. From this perspective, I'm not confident now. So, I think the second perspective is wrong. That means, we don't need to score 70% to pass.
Here's to the first perspective! 

two things. 1) try a little harder on your editing skills next time. overlaps of the white box on other text not meant to be covered, and font/text size and color matching.

2) come over here to get your spam on. 
Thank you for your edits. 

How about this one?  It does not have "Fort Worth Area" text box intrusion. 

pass2.PNG

WOW, AMAZING, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  The results are out.  Check NCEES account!

Thank you for your edits. 

How about this one?  It does not have "Fort Worth Area" text box intrusion. 

View attachment 10288

WOW, AMAZING, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  The results are out.  Check NCEES account!
NOPE! Now you forgot how to spell "October", despite the spell-check underlined reminder. FAIL

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back