Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's wishful thinking. The NCEES test status says "Pending" on my profile. Ok, buuuuuuut if I run a search in the state's license board database for PE's, I find my name in the list. Buuuut under "License Status" it says "Pending." Are these "Pending"s one and the same? Or based on the license board database, could this mean you passed but they're awaiting board approval or something? If they're one and the same, and you don't pass. I guess they tear your name from the database? I think I just made post-test anxiety worse for myself.

And that's the waaaaay the test goes.

Ncees and the state board will say pending until results are issued. The Ohio State board said pending til I sent them my results along with my final registration fee.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing like seeing your name in all its glory on the list only have it torn down if you fail. That's probably a worse feeling than failing the test itself. 

In NJ, the name goes into the database once your application is approved. My guess is it stays pending until you pass the exam and submit all fees and documentation and they physically assign you a License number. 

NCEES will email once results are out.

The NCEES test status says "Pending" on my profile. Ok, buuuuuuut if I run a search in the state's license board database for PE's, I find my name in the list. Buuuut under "License Status" it says "Pending." Are these "Pending"s one and the same? Or based on the license board database, could this mean you passed but they're awaiting board approval or something? If they're one and the same, and you don't pass. I guess they tear your name from the database? I think I just made post-test anxiety worse for myself.
Which State? Some states pre-load the test takers names into the database once the candidate is approved to sit for the test. The states that pre-load will update the status to "licensed" or "active" or whatever. But only after they are notified by NCEES and they do whatever they need to do according to their laws and regs to make it official. It's still way too early for that.

This is the firs case I've heard (this early) of someone finding their name in the database as pending. But you shouldn't think of this as a good sign or bad sign. Most people don't start looking until around the time people expect their results to be released. My guess is that if you vary the license number up or down a few spots you see others as pending. The ones listed as active are probably other engineers from out of state who were licensed under comity or reciprocity.

If one ultimately does not pass, they are still listed as "pending" in the license look-up.

To answer your last question: Yes, you are making the post-test anxiety worse for yourself. Go join the spam thread, or better yet burn off the stress as the gym. I personally used this the post-test stress and wait as an opportunity to get in shape.

Maybe it's wishful thinking. The NCEES test status says "Pending" on my profile. Ok, buuuuuuut if I run a search in the state's license board database for PE's, I find my name in the list. Buuuut under "License Status" it says "Pending." Are these "Pending"s one and the same? Or based on the license board database, could this mean you passed but they're awaiting board approval or something? If they're one and the same, and you don't pass. I guess they tear your name from the database? I think I just made post-test anxiety worse for myself.

And that's the waaaaay the test goes.
Worst for you and everyone else thanks! i did not think to check there.... AHHHHH!!!!

To answer @RBHea

Which State? Some states pre-load the test takers names into the database once the candidate is approved to sit for the test. The states that pre-load will update the status to "licensed" or "active" or whatever. But only after they are notified by NCEES and they do whatever they need to do according to their laws and regs to make it official. It's still way too early for that.
To answer RBHeadge and cooincide with what youngmotivatedengineer said, yes, the test was in NJ. So @Lkandil, I guess this doesn't affect you guys. 

Yes, you are making the post-test anxiety worse for yourself. Go join the spam thread, or better yet burn off the stress as the gym. I personally used this the post-test stress and wait as an opportunity to get in shape.
Well, actually I just made some modifications to my basement and turned it into a mini planet fitness. Yea study time does a number on ya. 

Interesting, exam specifications changed for the April 2018 tests. Login the Ncees website and click on more information (when checking your grades). All the PDFs changed.

Doesnt look like big changes, however good to know.

Even though it's only been a week and half, and results aren't likely to be posted for another 5-7 weeks, I still keep checking the NCEES website daily.  Anyone else?!? I've already had post-test nightmares.  I've pretty much forgotten all the test questions at this point, so it's probably time to just start drinking to dull the anxiety  :D .
Same here! PTSD is reallll. I've actually been remembering questions on the exam that I had forgotten right after the exam. 

Same here! PTSD is reallll. I've actually been remembering questions on the exam that I had forgotten right after the exam. 
Post Test Stress Disorder lol... my brain is mush... but ive been checking everyday too 

Guys and gals, no one's going to feel good about this exam if results are never released. It's been proven on this board that results will not be released until the spam board meets it's post goal.

So really, it's in all October 2017 test takers' interest to go spam.

All Engineers are equal and some are more equal.  Per Newtons universal law of equality, April Exam is being decided to be lottery based.

Back