FE October 2013...Harder than other times?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberly9

Reaction score
I just took the FE exam and I found the afternoon portion (Civil) a little difficult. Has anyone taken it more than once and felt the same way?

I didn't think it was harder, although last time I did not study. I think some of the problems may have been hard to prepare for because they were real world common practice questions.

Every section had its challenges, hopefully I passed this time because the new exam changed the reference manual.

It's truly an exam where you are not really sure if you passed or fail until you receive the results 6 to 10 weeks latet (depending what state you took it in). I really hoped I passed this time. I took it semester before graduating back in 2007. I didnt know much about what the exam was really about. I regret not taking it serious the first time I took it. I didnt study at all or even open up the reference manual before showing up to take the exam. 6 years later decided to take it again. I did forget a lot of the material, so studying was pretty much relearning everything. Take the exam serious for all those reading through this forum, and pass it the first time. I should have retaken the exam 6 months after failing it the first time. Like I said before I waited 6 years to retake it. Overall I thiugh the exam was tough. But hoping I passed it second time around.

It's truly an exam where you are not really sure if you passed or fail until you receive the results 6 to 10 weeks latet (depending what state you took it in). I really hoped I passed this time. I took it semester before graduating back in 2007. I didnt know much about what the exam was really about. I regret not taking it serious the first time I took it. I didnt study at all or even open up the reference manual before showing up to take the exam. 6 years later decided to take it again. I did forget a lot of the material, so studying was pretty much relearning everything. Take the exam serious for all those reading through this forum, and pass it the first time. I should have retaken the exam 6 months after failing it the first time. Like I said before I waited 6 years to retake it. Overall I thiugh the exam was tough. But hoping I passed it second time around.
exactly.....come to think of it..most exams i took..lol

Passing would make a great Christmas present...as we shall find out a week before Christmas

It was definatley a different exam...hrader for sure... I've preapred most of numerical questions but didn't pay too much attentions towards theory but look how many questions were statment type questions? Smaple examples also misleaded me. Will see ...waiting for result!!

It was definatley a different exam...hrader for sure... I've preapred most of numerical questions but didn't pay too much attentions towards theory but look how many questions were statment type questions? Smaple examples also misleaded me. Will see ...waiting for result!!

You need to prepare for this the non-quantitative problems. 25% of the test is basic thoery or definitions. I used the 999 non-quantitative book in my studies, it was very helpful in passing.

I really hope I pass too, I just felt like I didn't know many of them. I know the pass rate changes, so I'm hoping for the best!

I believe the pass rates that NCEES publishes on their website are based on the overall national average. Some state boards publish their own pass rates specific to their state (i.e. California I believe).

@iam_caring

I'm not sure I was wondering the same thing.

Do they calculate one pass rate for the entire country or divide it up by state?

@Kim I agreed with Knight.

By the way I am from Canada with Elec background but chose "Other Dis "for PM. When should we expect the result?

Knight@ how was the Electrical PM section. wsa it harder as well?

@iam_caring, where did you take the exam? Did you take it in the states or in Canada? When I took the FE, I selected the "general" discipline for the PM section of the exam. Either way, you can expect results no earlier than 8 weeks from the exam date.

Last year, when I took the FE, the results were released on Dec. 7 - 6 weeks after the exam.

Depends on the state you're in. Information on this is generally included once your application is complete. Most states now post results to the NCEES website. At which time you will receive an email.

Back