FE CBT RESULT DIAGNOSTIC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one ever answered me why the number of questions in the results chart (posted in post #1) only adds up to 100 if you have 110 questions...

No one ever answered me why the number of questions in the results chart (posted in post #1) only adds up to 100 if you have 110 questions...

The following is from NCEES which explains the discrepancy between 110 questions on the FE Exam and 100 questions on the diagnostic report:

"Each exam includes a limited number of pretest items that will not be scored and will not have an impact on your results. This is common practice within high-stakes testing and allows NCEES to evaluate the pretest items for potential use in future exams. These items are randomly placed within the exam and are not identifiable as pretest items."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I took the test again a week ago and just found out today that I passed. I didn't have a great feeling leaving the exam but it worked out. This was my third time taking it.

Don't give up if your still trying

Well I took the test again a week ago and just found out today that I passed. I didn't have a great feeling leaving the exam but it worked out. This was my third time taking it.

Don't give up if your still trying
Congrats!

With your results, there shouldn't be any surprise why you didn't pass. 2 out of the 3 areas that you were above average on only had 3 questions each. Everything else needed much improvement.

Glad you studied harder and got it the second time. Good luck on the PE, it's tough but doable!
how to calculate how many answers you have correctly answer from this diagnostic report?

Back