Father charged with murder after leaving kid in car all day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the scuttle but around this story from some friends of mine within the police department back home is that they are not buying his story.. So either they think the child died from something else and then was put in the car to make it look like the child was left in the car or something else really bad..

autopsy is being done so I assume they will eventually have the cause of death...

weird I the attorney for this guy was at my new years eve party a few years ago (friend of a friend)...they off course are pulling out all the stops to get the murder charge thrown out..

Dude, you had a defense attorney at your house? <shudder> Did you wash everything afterwards?

well after that party everything got cleaned, too many broken bottles around the bar (which is why we used stained concrete for our floor)

his wife was a friend of someone in the neighborhood and they just sort of showed up for a little while.. only reason I rememebr the name is they left a bottle of their own "personal wine" with their name on it (& business card) ..

hopefully not just your typical media speculation..

but if true.. there is no end to the ass rapes this man will get in prison.......much deserved i might add..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-cobb-father-new-child-was-left-hot-car/ngRn6/

COBB COUNTY, Ga. —

Sources tell Channel 2 Action News that there is evidence that Justin Ross Harris, 33, knew his son was in the back of his car. The child later died after several hours in the vehicle.

Harris, 33, told investigators he forgot to take his 22-month-old son Cooper to daycare last week at the on-site child care facility at Home Depot Headquarters where he works.

Only on the drive home, seven-plus hours later, Harris claimed he realized his unresponsive son was still strapped in the car seat. By then the child had died.

Police charged Harris with murder and cruelty to children.

Channel 2's Jodie Fleischer broke the story on Twitter just after 5 p.m. "Sources tell me there is evidence Cobb father Justin Ross Harris knew his son was left in the hot car," she wrote in

Wow. This could be the vodka in me talking but I would put a friggin hurtin onthisgur

[SIZE=12pt]As police in Georgia investigated the death of a 22-month-old boy left seven hours in a sweltering SUV, they seized computers from the father's office, a source with knowledge of the investigation told HLN's Nancy Grace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The officers found something startling: an Internet search for "how long does it take for an animal to die in a hot car," the source said.[/SIZE]
http://www.okcfox.com/story/25886341/police-seize-dads-computer-after-sons-sweltering-car-death

He deserves to burn!

This story is so messed up.
What makes it super creepy for me is that it occurred right across the street! I can look out the windows of our office and see the Chick-fil-a he stopped at that morning (I stopped there myself for breakfast earlier this week) and the Home Depot offices and car parking lots. It's weird to think I was probably looking out the windows of the office that day and in all likelihood could have seen the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
This story is so messed up.
What makes it super creepy for me is that it occurred right across the street! I can look out the windows of our office and see the Chick-fil-a he stopped at that morning (I stopped there myself for breakfast earlier this week) and the Home Depot offices and car parking lots. It's weird to think I was probably looking out the windows of the office that day and in all likelihood could have seen the car.

That's super creepy.

The article about him searching for how long it takes an animal to die is so wrong. That means he had to have thought, "Hey, I'm going to kill my kid," and then had to think of how to do it and then googled that and saw what it did to a dog and then decided to do that to his child. Plus, the part where he went to his car at lunch is even more messed up. "Kid dead yet?"

I want the investigation to be concluded and the evidence laid out in detail. Not to gawk, but to know what the warning signs were. All of the photos and personal stories released of this guy make him seem like a regular dude with no particular motivation to hurt his kid. It feels so futile to read about this case and yet have no idea what we're supposed to take away from it.

I hate this fucking story. Please delete it. I hope they bastardize his ass holes with a razorblade dildo in prison

I want the investigation to be concluded and the evidence laid out in detail. Not to gawk, but to know what the warning signs were. All of the photos and personal stories released of this guy make him seem like a regular dude with no particular motivation to hurt his kid. It feels so futile to read about this case and yet have no idea what we're supposed to take away from it.

there was a local shooting on Father day during which the dad killed his whole family and then shot himself... perhaps we aren't supposed to take anything away from tragedy such as these except to squeeze the kiddles a little tighter and love our spouses a little bit stronger...?

Definitely a good take-away. But I'm still wondering what warning signs his family or community might have picked up on, if there was some way this could have been prevented. Short of asking RW to do a daily patrol of all the cars he sees across the street.

Back