Fantasy Football anyone?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question... do we want to make a rule (or policy) that your team name should match your EngineerBoard's name? Makes it's easy to connect back to the boards, know who you're playing, talk trash, etc. I played in a league from another community that did this. ESPN gives you two fields, Team Name and Mascot/Nickname ... something like that, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be commissioner if nobody objects. I can set up a league on ESPN so I would only need people's e-mail to send out invites.

PPR is fine with me and as for rosters, I've usually gone with...

QB

RB1, RB2

WR1, WR2

Flex

TE

D/ST

K

...I also like having a max for each position like 3 QB's, 5 RB's and 5 WR's to keep people from hoarding and to make it more interesting.

The draft date would probably be best on the weekend, probably in the next few weeks. I definitely want to avoid the slow draft lol.
How many bench spots? Personally I'm a fan of smaller benches. I guess that's how I've generally prevented hording in the past.

Question... do we want to make a rule (or policy) that your team name should match your EngineerBoard's name? Makes it's easy to connect back to the boards, know who you're playing, talk trash, etc. I played in a league from another community that did this. ESPN gives you two fields, Team Name and Mascot/Nickname ... something like that, right?
Makes sense to me. My “real” name will probably match my EB name when I sign up, but I can put it in another place when I create the team if needed.

We could definitely do that to make it easier. Maybe your board name for team name and then a mascot of your choosing? Or just your board name for team name to keep it simple?

How many bench spots? Personally I'm a fan of smaller benches. I guess that's how I've generally prevented hording in the past.
Usually 7 bench spots but we could certainly do less and not do the limits for each position. 

Just so long as the tie breaker isn’t “bench points” I don’t think you should win for poorly managing your team!

Also regarding names - this is my work league name from last year - I won by the way- and have enjoyed running there dumb faces in jt the last 8 months...

77e744487bd7a1f1eaf69ca280af8c0a.jpg

Just so long as the tie breaker isn’t “bench points” I don’t think you should win for poorly managing your team!

Also regarding names - this is my work league name from last year - I won by the way- and have enjoyed running there dumb faces in jt the last 8 months...

Heh heh. “Not the winner we all envisioned.”

I guess we’ll all have a good guess of which team is our fearless leader’s, anyhow.

77e744487bd7a1f1eaf69ca280af8c0a.jpg
image.png

I sent out the first couple of invites so shoot me your email if you're interested😎

@vee043324 I hear you like football.

And I'm not gonna participate in this but will, as mentioned by RG, be seeing up the Pick 'Em this week for a buy-in of some amount ($30 is what I'm thinking).

@vee043324 I hear you like football.

And I'm not gonna participate in this but will, as mentioned by RG, be seeing up the Pick 'Em this week for a buy-in of some amount ($30 is what I'm thinking).
i can't do fantasy but i'm into pick em. although if i win again this year are we going to pretend we never agreed to pay the winner or....??? :huh:

I haven't checked in in a while. How's the league coming along? I thought I counted 8 people on the boards say they were in, but only see 6 in the actual league so far.

I'd say there's still space for more (10 or 12 is better than 8 IMO). Everyone welcome; no prior experience necessary. :)

Right now, we've got 7 people. 

The only person that hasn't responded is @Road Guy I believe.

It would be nice to have at least 10 but just getting to 8 would help lol.

i can't do fantasy but i'm into pick em. although if i win again this year are we going to pretend we never agreed to pay the winner or....??? :huh:
Not trying to hack this thread, but no... People will have to pay to get invited. Trying to determine the best way to do this. Do people half a generation older than me use venmo??

No worries on the hijacking lol.

jean is right that we only have 6 right now but tj_PE will make 7 when she accepts the invite.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed as far as league settings go too😬

I have never played before. If you really are short I can join in, but not sure if it would add any value to everyones experience. 
We literally need one more to make an 8 man league😬

The nice thing about fantasy these days is all the rankings, especially for the draft. This league is free too so it’s much more about having fun and half of fantasy is luck anyway lol.

Back