Failures... What was your score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity did any of you find the CERM helpful or was it useless on the exam? I found it worthless both times I took the PE exam. The Goswami All-In-One Exam Guide was a big asset and made up for the CERM's deficiencies. Hang in there and don't give up.

i found it extremely helpful. it was my primary resource. same goes for the MERM.
Ditto on the MERM.

Cant see the score yet.. I am on mobile.. wish I worked hard..

All I can say and everyone on this forum I hope would agree to is that it is disheartening to fail, but don't worry, just try harder the next time. Practice a lot, get the theory questions right. And forget the bygone failure. In the grand scheme of things, this failure will not even matter.

I failed again as well. :bawling: And I felt so much better about it this time and had studied more.

52/100 environmental. I'm thinking of making the switch to Civil/WR. Has anybody made that switch and done better?

49/80 i m very sad to, i studied so much for 4 months ignored whole world. but really found the exam was tough POWER.

have to buckle up for January, dnt give up, and dnt spoil your December start studying in January with new goal !

happy holidays .

I failed again as well. :bawling: And I felt so much better about it this time and had studied more.

52/100 environmental. I'm thinking of making the switch to Civil/WR. Has anybody made that switch and done better?

My adviser in college told me once to never take environmental unless you're pretty much an expert at it. He said it's a miserable exam so I took his advice and took the WR/Env exam. In my opinion you have more options with the WR/Env PE than the straight Env PE. You can work on a broader range of projects which includes the Env stuff. Hope that helps.

I reall

My adviser in college told me once to never take environmental unless you're pretty much an expert at it. He said it's a miserable exam so I took his advice and took the WR/Env exam. In my opinion you have more options with the WR/Env PE than the straight Env PE. You can work on a broader range of projects which includes the Env stuff. Hope that helps.
I really wish I had known this or I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on failing 2 exams. I took civil in college with several environmental classes. Sounds like WR/Env is the way to go.

Did you take a class to pass the exam?

I reall

I really wish I had known this or I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on failing 2 exams. I took civil in college with several environmental classes. Sounds like WR/Env is the way to go.

Yes. I took the School of PE's prep class. Some people on this board have said they've kind of slipped behind a bit and not keeping up with the changes NCEES is making. I've heard nothing but good things about EET. Based on my experience I would definitely recommend the School of PE but the one big drawback to them is that they don't have a comprehensive PM review. It's an 8 hour review (when I took it) and you really don't even scratch the surface with that. I hear that EET has an awesome PM review and their AM isn't too shabby neither. You can sign up for either AM or PM or both from what I'm to understand. A good prep class will help you get started on the right track to passing.

Out of curiosity did any of you find the CERM helpful or was it useless on the exam? I found it worthless both times I took the PE exam. The Goswami All-In-One Exam Guide was a big asset and made up for the CERM's deficiencies. Hang in there and don't give up.
I think it really depends on the person...I used the CERM as my ONLY reference material and I just found out I passed first time in Civil WR. It's a great resource but (in my opinion) you really need to work out and perfect your strategy for using it come test day.

I reall

Yes. I took the School of PE's prep class. Some people on this board have said they've kind of slipped behind a bit and not keeping up with the changes NCEES is making. I've heard nothing but good things about EET. Based on my experience I would definitely recommend the School of PE but the one big drawback to them is that they don't have a comprehensive PM review. It's an 8 hour review (when I took it) and you really don't even scratch the surface with that. I hear that EET has an awesome PM review and their AM isn't too shabby neither. You can sign up for either AM or PM or both from what I'm to understand. A good prep class will help you get started on the right track to passing.
SoPE posted that they have updated their review class. They said that the also increased the afternoon portion from 8 hours to 24 hours of review.

I think it really depends on the person...I used the CERM as my ONLY reference material and I just found out I passed first time in Civil WR. It's a great resource but (in my opinion) you really need to work out and perfect your strategy for using it come test day.

I think you nailed it. My boss, co-worker, and myself feel it's useless but I know plenty of other people who swear by it. Congratulations on passing!

49/80 i m very sad to, i studied so much for 4 months ignored whole world. but really found the exam was tough POWER.

have to buckle up for January, dnt give up, and dnt spoil your December start studying in January with new goal !

happy holidays .
Me too...failed with 51/80 :( Its really sad...

I think you nailed it. My boss, co-worker, and myself feel it's useless but I know plenty of other people who swear by it. Congratulations on passing!
Thank you! Appreciate it =)

Back