Failed Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with a CS that failed with 69% (well their score according to TBPE was 69). I think they were probably one question shy of victory.

@liz28, we've been there. We've all wondered and stressed about that one point that might make the difference. Once you pass, you'll see how silly it is.
Yes - but when it's your third attempt, and you know you missed it by anywhere from 1-5 questions last go around...you get anxious about what the cut score for this one ended up being!  

NJ scores are being funky - tales of them being posted, but then retracted...I'm waiting to look til I know they are official!

Yes - but when it's your third attempt, and you know you missed it by anywhere from 1-5 questions last go around...you get anxious about what the cut score for this one ended up being!  

NJ scores are being funky - tales of them being posted, but then retracted...I'm waiting to look til I know they are official!
my fist attempt  I lost 6 binders due to "Loose paper" - Failed

Second attempt earned a 50/80 - Failed

Third attempt mom was in hospice the two weeks leading to the exam and passed away on exam day - didn't take it that round (still paid) - Fail

Fourth attempt April 2016 -- PASSED relief is an understatement 

I was very interested in trying to figure out the cut score so i know what you mean!

How are you guys determining what you got in the am vs pm from the diagnostics? I just failed again 50/80, after scoring a 34 the first go round. So close.  Ughhh another summer in the books.  

How are you guys determining what you got in the am vs pm from the diagnostics? I just failed again 50/80, after scoring a 34 the first go round. So close.  Ughhh another summer in the books.  
From what I remember the last go around, the diagnostics showed the results of each section in the chronological order they were given on the exam. The first 40 are the am and the last 40 questions are the pm.

From what I remember the last go around, the diagnostics showed the results of each section in the chronological order they were given on the exam. The first 40 are the am and the last 40 questions are the pm.
aghhh, thanks for the that little nugget

Hello guys, Civil Structural here. I failed the exam this past October with a 49/80 score. I was super bummed and thought I would never get passed this exam, I started questioning my career and what I had been doing with my life these past few years. The structural course with EET helped me a lot this second time and so did practice exams. Don't give up but do approach the exam differently this time, study the code and remember no two tests are alike. If I could do it, so can you guys, good luck!

Hello guys, Civil Structural here. I failed the exam this past October with a 49/80 score. I was super bummed and thought I would never get passed this exam, I started questioning my career and what I had been doing with my life these past few years. The structural course with EET helped me a lot this second time and so did practice exams. Don't give up but do approach the exam differently this time, study the code and remember no two tests are alike. If I could do it, so can you guys, good luck!
Love hearing success stories like this, they give me hope! I took the transpo exam early, only been out of college for 3 years, didn't go as well as I thought it did, I will be signing up for the EET review course so I can put this exam to rest on my second go around! Good luck, all, and congrats to those of you who passed!!!

Love hearing success stories like this, they give me hope! I took the transpo exam early, only been out of college for 3 years, didn't go as well as I thought it did, I will be signing up for the EET review course so I can put this exam to rest on my second go around! Good luck, all, and congrats to those of you who passed!!!
You can't go wrong with EET.  After I failed in October I took the course, and there were so many times that they would explain a topic and I would realize I fell into the easy trap question.

try to look around on this site. there are plenty of points where the topic of a cut score came up. The bottom line, the cut score doesn't exist, at least not in the manner that you think that it does.
I know. It varies from one test cycle to another and I'm assuming from one discipline to another. But I'm curious because I took it this cycle and still waiting for CA results. It's not like I have anything better to do. So, I'm trying to see if we're looking at a 60 or a 70. So far, with what people in other topics have reported, 68.75% doesn't cut it.

Assuming you actually could determine the cut score, what good does it do you after the fact?  At the end of the day, you get a pass or a fail.  If you passed, you were above the cut score.  If you get a fail, you were under.  That's really all you need to know.  And if you think, well if I fail, then I want to know it so I know how to arrange my next study strategy, then you are doing it wrong.  You should study with the goal of getting all questions correct, not just 70%.

But, of course, we're engineers and we're all a little bit neurotic and obsessive, so I understand the mental frame of mind that leads people to try to figure this out.  Problem is that it doesn't do anything for you.
That's too much analysis. Maybe I just want to know because I just want to know. 

Knowing the cut score does nothing but help me kill time with useless speculation. If I'm going to worry, might as well do it in a masqueraded logical way.

There!

Back