Failed FE October 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no word from PA yet, my scores have been 116, 121, and 119. I feel like I'm 5 questions or so off from the mark. Ugh, nervous waiting for the email. I think I'm going to pass out as I'm routing the site to see my result.
The last time I failed in October 2010; I failed with 126 points. I felt I was real close too.

Still no word from PA yet, my scores have been 116, 121, and 119. I feel like I'm 5 questions or so off from the mark. Ugh, nervous waiting for the email. I think I'm going to pass out as I'm routing the site to see my result.
The last time I failed in October 2010; I failed with 126 points. I felt I was real close too.
Which state?

NJ Here...

April '13 Other Disciplines Failed 126/240 = 52.5%

Oct '13 Other Disciplines PASSED

Been out of school for 10 years. I used EITEXPERTS the first time. Was much needed as I needed to be TAUGHT all of the material. The 2nd time i skipped the eitexperts as I knew i simply needed to do more problems. And I got it this time.

I know Lindberg says you need a 50% to pass, but my feeling is that to pass you need a 60% or 144/240.

Don't be discouraged folks, you can do it too. Just have to put in the work. Best of Luck in the future.

So far the highest reported failing score is 118. It's crazy to me that Texas gives you the scaled %, that basically tells you the cut for that exam, in that region. Also 114 pts = 69% scaled mean 116 was passing for that state or region. And in the past people have reported 133 failing scores. That's a HUGE variance

I took the Oct '13 test in NJ. Failed with 119 pts 49.58% raw score. PCS did not post a scaled scored so I can't calculate the NJ passing score. I remember reading or hearing that the avg. passing raw score was between 47% to 50%.

Gotta bounce back and take this again in April/May '14. No games here, I'm determined to pass the next time.

Does anybody have any study guide recommendations for the '14 FE CBT electrical/computer exam? What is the best way to study for this new format? IMO PPI looks to be the most organized company out there. I bought their FE package with the On demand videos and I thought it was good, although the videos were a bit out dated. (I swear I heard the guy fart during one of the videos) I created my own studying strategy and schedule based on opinions and advice from those who have passed the exam in PA/NJ/NY. I logged in approximately 160 hours of studying.

Anywho, I'm looking for a structured studying review/course this time around. Thoughts? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Nova,

Ncees has cbt practice tests available that might help you get used to the format. PPI has also been advertising material for the new format. Good luck.

I took the Oct '13 test in NJ. Failed with 119 pts 49.58% raw score. PCS did not post a scaled scored so I can't calculate the NJ passing score. I remember reading or hearing that the avg. passing raw score was between 47% to 50%.

Gotta bounce back and take this again in April/May '14. No games here, I'm determined to pass the next time.

Does anybody have any study guide recommendations for the '14 FE CBT electrical/computer exam? What is the best way to study for this new format? IMO PPI looks to be the most organized company out there. I bought their FE package with the On demand videos and I thought it was good, although the videos were a bit out dated. (I swear I heard the guy fart during one of the videos) I created my own studying strategy and schedule based on opinions and advice from those who have passed the exam in PA/NJ/NY. I logged in approximately 160 hours of studying.

Anywho, I'm looking for a structured studying review/course this time around. Thoughts? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

I know Lyndberg book says 50%, but I think thats outdated. I myself got a 53% and failed once. I do believe reading the past failed threads, the highest failing score i recall seeing was a 133/240 = 56%. I think you need a 60% (144/240) to pass.

What's your strategy? Post your diagnostic report

wirelessengineer, I doubt 60% is the cut. We'd hear of many more people with scores in the low 130's, upper 120's. However, most of the posts are high 110s and mid to low 120s. IMO at least

wirelessengineer, I doubt 60% is the cut. We'd hear of many more people with scores in the low 130's, upper 120's. However, most of the posts are high 110s and mid to low 120s. IMO at least

Honestly, worrying about the cut score, is worthless anyhow. You shouldn't be worrying about the least you need to pass, you need to worry about knowing the material. What does your diagnostic report show?

considering the test format and content are changing, reviewing the diagnostic reprt needs to be tailered to the new test topic breakouts. there are some categories that aren't likely to matter anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
considering the test format and content are changing, reviewing the diagnostic reprt needs to be tailered to the new test topic breakouts. there are some categories that aren't likely to matter anymore.

That is also true. But you could extrapolate the relevant info from the previous versions diagnostic report. Simply disregard the topics that wont be on the exam anymore.

Back