Failed FE multiple times. Need advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many questions do I need to get correct (as a raw score) to pass out of 110?
That's the million dollar question. There isn't a fixed cut score. No one knows how many you need to answer correctly.

Hi All , I failed two time Mechanical FE , I think is better taking In General , Any advise??

Ok everyone, i need some advice. I have failed the FE Civil exam several* times, more times that I am willing to admit. (please save all rude comments) and am in desperate need of help. Ive taken several different prep classes, done thousands of problems and have done many practice test. Ive scored around 60% on the practice test this last go round and felt confident going in to the actual exam. However, the results proved differently. I know there are subjects I struggle with but there are several that i feel pretty strong in when taking practice test and working problems in general. In reviewing several diagnostics, the results just seem to be all over the place. On one test I will have great scores in a particular subject and on the next test I will bomb it completely. Obviously the problem is not with the test, as thousands of people have passed this test, so I dont want to sit here and complain about the type of questions. Im just not sure whats wrong with me.

It's not as though I dont have the knowledge, I have been out of school for about 4 years and have a great job in the field I want to be in. I just feel so stuck with not being able to pass this test and it has been very discouraging. Any advice is welcome.
Hi I Failed 2 times Mechanical FE , I am thinking  the general for the next try , could be easier any advise ?? 

Hi I Failed 2 times Mechanical FE , I am thinking  the general for the next try , could be easier any advise ?? 

Back