F the Google / Shawshank!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
So I thought this was funny.. if you all remember back in the day I got the "axe" from the google ad program, and they kept some of my money [emoji20]

Back then I applied every few years to get reinstated - I believe someone like F'tard.com clicked on links or something which got me banned from their AdSense program - which sucked cause it was a decent revenue stream ( a few hundred bucks a month)

Then last year I got a call - yes an actual phone call from the google, actually a sales person who wanted to know why I wasn't using google to advertise and I told them the story, he had me fill out a form to get reinstated, which I did, cause it never hurts to diversify.. and then got the "no" again. so I was like WTF?

Then a month ago I had the same dude call me again and want to know if I had applied to get reinstated, told him yes and that I got the door slammed in my face, he asked me once more to fill out the reinstatement form. But this time I just basically wrote that I didn't give a **** what google thought as I had my own advertisers and I wouldn’t beg to get back on ( Similar to the line used in The Shawshank redemption movie Red used to get paroled) and viola! Reinstated!

Not sure If I will add too many of their ads, but that lift kit isn't going to pay for itself..  So definitely playing hard to get works [emoji6] right ladies?

And they are giving me back about half of what they didn't pay out 10 fucking years ago?  Just in time for vegas :D

tenor.gif

Back