Exam Day Strategy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the person who suggested running them through the copier. I found out notes in pencil aren't allowed in my state two days before my first attempt.  Cue frenzied photocopying.  If there are any other questions, I'd recommend calling your state board. Some states will differ on what they accept and will not.
Good to know, thanks!  I'm glad to have found this board and I appreciate everyone's input on their experience with the exam.  

Good to know, thanks!  I'm glad to have found this board and I appreciate everyone's input on their experience with the exam.  
Yea.  I heard some states like Arkansas and Tennessee only allow computer printed text even though its not officially published as a requirement.  

Would really suck to be in one of those states and show up and have all your notes confiscated.     :hung-037:

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted the board and they told me to contact NCEES.  I've read the examinee guide (June 2018) pdf that's on their site, but they don't say anything about handwritten notes or pen vs pencil in those notes.  Hmmm....

California didn't do that either, in fact, I brought plenty of hand written notes, worked out problems, etc. in engineering paper, all in 3-ring binders and they were ok with it.

Back