Exam day info?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for bringing this up. I was debating taking food/drinks and asking at the security check line. I figured worst case I'd just dump it before I went in the room. However, if you already went through this I guess I'll just leave the food/drinks at home.

Thanks for bringing this up. I was debating taking food/drinks and asking at the security check line. I figured worst case I'd just dump it before I went in the room. However, if you already went through this I guess I'll just leave the food/drinks in a cooler the car at home.
Fixed. It's helpful to have food/snacks available in case you're there the full 4 hours in the morning and have limited time for lunch. Do not count on having a ton of time for lunch. They give you an hour, but remember your lunch hour is the same as everyone else (including the general public) which means that any local food places will be busy. It will be hard to run out to grab food and still make it back in time for the afternoon. Last thing you want is to be rushed into the afternoon session which can lead to stupid mental errors and getting flustered/frustrated.

Taking the exam at Pratt which means taking the subway there, so no cooler for me Dex. I did work a couple summers in that area so I'm very familiar with the lunch spots. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the morning session ends at the popular lunch time for everyone so it may be a bit crowded. Worst case scenario means either dollar pizza or vending machine :/

Taking the exam at Pratt which means taking the subway there, so no cooler for me Dex. I did work a couple summers in that area so I'm very familiar with the lunch spots. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the morning session ends at the popular lunch time for everyone so it may be a bit crowded. Worst case scenario means either dollar pizza or vending machine :/
again, whatever you eat, make sure it is somethign that isn't too far off your normal routine diet. Otherwise you will need those adult diapers

They were about 500 or so exam takers in ga 2013, and they offered us a pretty good sack lunch at the exam
free lunch???

This might be a good business to start LOL..selling foods of food truck during PE exam..quick bucks!

I took my test in Missouri, but many of my friends took it in Kansas. The Kansas Society of Professional Engineers bought everyone who was taking the test a sack lunch.

Here is a link to their newsletter describing the event from April 2014: http://kansasengineer.org/Portals/0/Content/Chapters/Topeka/2014March.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back