Exam Authorizations are out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramnares P.E.

Reaction score
Exam Authorizations are distributed. I noticed that it specifically stated that NY examinees are not allowed food or drink. Any tips from previous exam takers on how to keep your energy level up (besides chewing gum)?

We are allowed lunch in clear bags in NJ. Not sure about energy level; I think I have plenty now that I've been taking School of PE classes every weekend for 8 hours on Saturday and 6.5 hours on Sunday.

I made three copies; one in the car glove compartment; one in CERM and the third one in my Reference Materials other than CERM. AASHTO Green Book in my case (Transportation in the afternoon).

We are allowed lunch in clear bags in NJ. Not sure about energy level; I think I have plenty now that I've been taking School of PE classes every weekend for 8 hours on Saturday and 6.5 hours on Sunday.
chewing gum is permitted. I have brought that plus candy, or throat losengers, and granola bars during my sittings for the exam. Just make sure it is all in the clear plastic bags. It is also helpful to open any wrappers ahead of time. Just as a courtesy to those around you.

Thanks Mike. That's what I was planning on doing but wasn't sure how strictly they enforce the no food/drink rule. I didn't want to show up with a zip lock bag of snacks and then have to throw it out.

You definitely need a water bottle to help with the panic induced dry mouth when they are handing out the booklets.

I had no problem working through a 4 hour session without eating. My advice is to eat a good breakfast and pack a lunch. You just can't keep a meal at your desk. I left mine in my car and then ate during the break. And absoltely DO NOT eat anything that might give you diarrhea. That's the best advice I can offer.

I also suggest and have in the past, adult diapers. Regardless, it cuts down on the bathroom time. Also means you can eat whatever you want

I also suggest and have in the past, adult diapers. Regardless, it cuts down on the bathroom time. Also means you can eat whatever you want
It also provides extra cushion for the seat.

If the smell is bad enough your table-mate may ask to be relocated leaving you with the entire work space to yourself.

Many benefits my friends. Many
Like if you wear the diaper, you can pass the exam administrator and say "who needs pants!!!" as you take your seat in your sneakers, knee high socks diaper and tee -shirt...

Your table mate may ask to be relocated and you wouldn't even need to mess your self...

:)

Good to see this thread is full of useful advice for myself and my fellow Oct test takers!

Another piece of advice I will give out for free, when it's time for lunch don't sit around and bullshit with your colleagues, friends, coworkers

Find someplace quiet to eat your lunch and just clear your mind.

Standing around and talking with people listening to them discuss how they think they did or didn't do on the morning part of the exam will not help you in the afternoon part.

Back