Exam Authorizations are out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking it at Pratt. It works out pretty well because I worked summer jobs two years there so I know the area pretty well. As long as I can leave my books in the exam room I plan on walking around and just clear my head...definitely not planning on recapping the morning with my fellow test takers and getting stressed out if I missed something.

Excellent advice RG...almost as good as the adult diapers and catheter...maybe I can go the House MD route and just cath myself...should be about as painful as this exam is going to be.

Best thing you can do is prep your diet over the week or two leading up to the exam. That way your not shocking your body either the day of the exam.

The best thing you can do while taking the test is chew gum and wear ear plugs and have a spare calculator. Seriously, I'm sure this is why I passed the first go around. All other joking aside, you need to come up with something that relaxes you and allows you to focus.

I was thinking of getting in early and posting an announcement that the test was postponed due to the ebola crisis...get the room to myself.

The best thing you can do while taking the test is chew gum and wear ear plugs and have a spare calculator. Seriously, I'm sure this is why I passed the first go around. All other joking aside, you need to come up with something that relaxes you and allows you to focus.
LJ is right. Chewing gum for me is always a way to focus. Don't ask me why it just is. If excessive silence is something that you need, then definitely bring ear plus. Regarding the calculator, I was a three time taker. The first two times I took it I brought an extra. The last time, the time I passed, I forgot a second. I knew that in a pinch, I could go at lunch and buy a Seco d at the campus book store, but regardless I suggest that you bring a spare.

Definitely plan on taking a backup calculator. I already have it purchased, sitting in the package. I took the SATs without a calculator, definitely don't plan on repeating that experience with the PE!

If we listened to Mike, on exam day we would have Irish coffee with breakfast, vodka soaked gummy bears as snacks during the exam, and jello shots after to celebrate it being over...till results are posted :)

If we listened to Mike, on exam day we would have Irish coffee with breakfast, vodka soaked gummy bears as snacks during the exam, and jello shots after to celebrate it being over...till results are posted :)
Don't forget the dipers

Which one will you drink the morning of the exam?

Back