Everything you wanted to know about the CA-Survey/Seismic Civil PE Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah surveying is a different animal. I was thinking most people who took the CA tests in April were repeat takers because of the new rules not allowing people to take the tests until they pass nationals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I took the national exam in October (and passed), but I had submitted my application to the Board in mid-October (before the rule change became official). When I passed I just had to send in my notification of successful examination. My application got approved at the end of December. Got my authorization-to-test in early March I think?

Does anyone know if the results of the CA state specific exams have to be approved by the Board before they are released?  There was a Board meeting last week and the next one isn't until June 28-29th. 

Does anyone know if the results of the CA state specific exams have to be approved by the Board before they are released?  There was a Board meeting last week and the next one isn't until June 28-29th. 
According to @CAPLS results should be released monthly, e.g. April results will be released mid-May; May results will be released mid-June, etc.

I took it around mid April as well. I'm hoping we get results by 5/18. 
The only reason I gave it an extra week is because this is the first cycle they're doing monthly results. Might just take a little bit longer. But the sooner the better. I'm starting to get antsy.

I would take "monthly" to mean at the end of every month... But whether that means the end of the month you took the exam or the end of the following month, I don't know.

Also, just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I gave it an extra week is because this is the first cycle they're doing monthly results. Might just take a little bit longer. But the sooner the better. I'm starting to get antsy.
Looks like you got it in the bag. I'm 70/30 because i guessed around 10 questions...i check EB and my emails twice a day to see any news of releasing results .. :D

Silly question...

But for those of you who have taken and passed the seismic exam. How many walked out feeling like they were borderline and ended up passing? 

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail :(

Silly question...

But for those of you who have taken and passed the seismic exam. How many walked out feeling like they were borderline and ended up passing? 

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail :(
You probably won't like this .... the last time i had feeling like i was on borderline, i ended up failing. When did you take exam?

Silly question...

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail [emoji20]

It is the nature of post examination. It's just a roller coaster ride until you get your results. Just think positive thoughts and I'm sure you did fine. Worst comes to worst you have to take the exam again. No big deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lol... thanks for your answers!!

I guess there's nothing more than to wait. 

I have the surveying exam next month, so I'm studying for that too... 

For future test takers, for what it's worth, here are two emails received from the Board for CA Surveying Exam Results. The first one is from a failed exam. It had two attachments, one of which was a re-examination form. The second email is from a passed exam. It does not have the re-examination form attachment.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For future test takers, for what it's worth, here are two emails received from the Board for CA Surveying Exam Results. The first one is from a failed exam. It had two attachments, one of which was a re-examination form. The second email is from a passed exam. It does not have the re-examination form attachment.

View attachment 11256

View attachment 11255

View attachment 11257
Yes and No. Yes, you are correct that the email had two attachments for failing results and one attachment for passing results in the past. 

HOWEVER, all three of my coworkers who just got results on last Wednesday got one attachment with 'FAIL' results in red. I believe they no longer attach refile form anymore starting now. I feel bad for them because they thought they passed after they saw one attachment...

Back