Everything you wanted to know about the CA-Survey/Seismic Civil PE Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CAPLS based on the new quarter system, is it possible to fail the exam in the end of the quarter and be able to take it again the very next quarter, just based on the logistics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Possible, yes.  It depends on when the Re-Exam form is received by the Board.

@CAPLS So i just took my seismic exam last Friday, does that mean that my results will go out with everyone who takes it in April? So is that 6-8 weeks after the last day of the month or is it a shorter time frame?
The expectation by the Board is that once a month of testing has completed, in this case April, the results will be provided to the Board for approval and release.  Anyone that is eligible for licensing after that will receive notification of licensing.  Right now, the expectation for the April testing candidates is that results for that month should be released sometime during middle of the following month (May).  The first time may be a little later, but the goal is to meet the expectation.

Hey ptatohed, It looks pretty up to date as far as BPELSG-related information goes.  I will say that the CA Civil Engineer results are generally available 30-45 days after the "last day of the 3-week administration" but held up to coincide with the NCEES PE-Civil results so the letter is more informative.  Expect that process will transition pretty quickly to only pertain to state results, maybe even with this next administration, since BPELSG is expecting potential licensing candidates to register with NCEES without BPELSG intervention.
(introduce yourself sometime when I'm in your area)
@CAPLS is scoring a 55% +/- to pasd (as stated in the first post) an accurate statement?

CAPLS where you at, player?

@CAPLS is scoring a 55% +/- to pasd (as stated in the first post) an accurate statement?

@CAPLS let's give that another try

Has anyone started studying for the Seismic/Survey exam even without knowing whether you'll get approved or not? I submitted my application but got comments back saying I needed to resolve a couple issues. I've resolved those issues and have resubmitted  my application a couple weeks ago but the wait for a response is killing me. I know if I want to take the July exam, I have to probably get approved by middle of this month.

I think most of you would recommend me to study regardless but the uncertainty is making me anxious @_@. 

Has anyone started studying for the Seismic/Survey exam even without knowing whether you'll get approved or not? I submitted my application but got comments back saying I needed to resolve a couple issues. I've resolved those issues and have resubmitted  my application a couple weeks ago but the wait for a response is killing me. I know if I want to take the July exam, I have to probably get approved by middle of this month.
I think most of you would recommend me to study regardless but the uncertainty is making me anxious @_@. 
I would just start studying.

This should answer somewhat of your question. http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/processing_timeframes.html

If your application is approved by June (Quarter 2) which is plenty of time, you should be able to register and take exam in window of July-September (Quarter 3). I'd start studying if i were you because application takes time.

This should answer somewhat of your question. http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/processing_timeframes.html

If your application is approved by June (Quarter 2) which is plenty of time, you should be able to register and take exam in window of July-September (Quarter 3). I'd start studying if i were you because application takes time.
Awesome, thanks for that link.

I always thought I had to get approved at least 4 weeks before the next Quarter because I read about people getting their authorization (from CBT company)  4-6 weeks before the next quarter begins. But I guess the CBT company can give out their authorization even 2-3 days before the quarter begins.

Awesome, thanks for that link.

I always thought I had to get approved at least 4 weeks before the next Quarter because I read about people getting their authorization (from CBT company)  4-6 weeks before the next quarter begins. But I guess the CBT company can give out their authorization even 2-3 days before the quarter begins.
Actually Board will send out 'Application Status-Approved' email first, then followed by 'Authorization to Test' email. That's when you can go to Prometric website (CBT Company) and schedule your exam. 

I took the seismic test this past Friday. Honestly, I don't know what to expect... I don't feel like a did good, I don't feel like a did bad.... the entire test was like a blur lol

Anyways, has anybody who took the test in April got results already?

I took the seismic test this past Friday. Honestly, I don't know what to expect... I don't feel like a did good, I don't feel like a did bad.... the entire test was like a blur lol

Anyways, has anybody who took the test in April got results already?
Not yet. Took it mid April. I'm guessing we get results the week of 5/25.

How did you feel you did? Out of curiosity, was this a retake?

This was my first time taking it. I honestly felt like i crushed it. There was only 1 problem that I took a legitimate guess on. Other then that I had everything solved and walked out feeling like I definitely passed. Surveying did not go quite as great though. Definitely borderline on that one.

This was my first time taking it. I honestly felt like i crushed it. There was only 1 problem that I took a legitimate guess on. Other then that I had everything solved and walked out feeling like I definitely passed. Surveying did not go quite as great though. Definitely borderline on that one.
Yeah surveying is a different animal. I was thinking most people who took the CA tests in April were repeat takers because of the new rules not allowing people to take the tests until they pass nationals.

Back