Environmental PE Oct 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the pass score by a few points. Retaking April 2014 in Texas! Gathering my energy to do this again! Feeling dissapointed after 8 months of prep:(

I know this is a yard scale question: I am in need of lindeburg. Don't want to buy a brand new one!

[email protected]

Jvdocs

What books are you using? Don't give up. I have a very busy work schedule and taking care of two kids. Trust me you can do it. You have already put in the time. Another 90 days won't hurt considering the benefits that comes with it

Thanks Chiko ! and many congrats on your achievement. I can imagine it must have been very busy with 2 kids. I have a baby myself. I am taking a review course, but along with that I had used Cooper and Alley, and Metcalf Eddy.

I am thinking of buying a few other references like Lindeburg, Hazardous management by La grega and Intro to Envir Eng by Davis and Cornwell.

This was my first attempt and I scored 65. I am trying to see how to start studying based on my diagnostic report. Any advice??

I used Lindeburg heavily, La Grega a bit but he went to my college so always pump that one up, and I used Envl Eng by Masters and found it helpful although some here swear by D&C.

Thanks Chiko ! and many congrats on your achievement. I can imagine it must have been very busy with 2 kids. I have a baby myself. I am taking a review course, but along with that I had used Cooper and Alley, and Metcalf Eddy.

I am thinking of buying a few other references like Lindeburg, Hazardous management by La grega and Intro to Envir Eng by Davis and Cornwell.

This was my first attempt and I scored 65. I am trying to see how to start studying based on my diagnostic report. Any advice??
Check out advice by VT enviro and other great post under consolidated advice especially by DavidPE. I sent you email also and let's talk to help you out

Got my results Thursday--first time taking it...thankfully, I passed! This website helped me tremendously to study and organize my references efficiently (I didn't take any preparation courses); I hope to contribute to the advice thread in the next few days for future test takers.

I actually found the qualitative questions much more challenging due to some of them seeming very obscure and esoteric; this could have been due to my studying strategy too as I focused mainly on solving problems.

Critical resources for me were the Environmental Engineering Reference by Lindeberg, Environmental Engineering Dictionary by Lee, Basic Environmental Technology by Nathanson and the NCEES supplied FE Reference book.

I also used the WW Engineering book by Metcalf, the Salvato tome (didn't find this one as useful as others here), Cooper's Air Pollution Control (great for R values and dispersion modeling).

Still pretty amped up about passing!! Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

I am taking Env PE exam in April. Wanted to buy LaGrega and Environmental Law handbook...

Please let me know if anyone have the books and wanted to sell it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back