Enviro Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting in NY too - though we keep hearing that its supposed to be soon...killin me!

Yep, same here. I hope to get good news, but not expecting it. Probably will be waiting anxiously again in January.

Well caught a whiff that the results were in for NYS today...had to run home at lunch.

PASSED!!!! Quite a rush opening that letter and seeing that P!!

Much thanks to all the input and help from the more experienced board members!

Well caught a whiff that the results were in for NYS today...had to run home at lunch.

Grats APepperToo!! What part of NY if you don't mind me asking?

Were you pretty confident that you passed after taking the test, or just didn't know either way?

Hey MSU

Coming out of the exam I knew that I didnt ace it, but I knew that i didnt bomb it either. I was guessing that my score was going to fall in the 60-80 range - and that i wouldnt be surpised either way (pass/fail).

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I had highs and lows. One day i would figure out the answer to a question and realize that my educated guess was right. The next day I was convinced that I did a specific conversion wrong and that it cost me 5 questions.

At no point though, did I dare to actually believe that i had passed...only occasional hope.

Then i stopped trying to think aboutit.

How did you feel coming out of it?

Hey MSU
Coming out of the exam I knew that I didnt ace it, but I knew that i didnt bomb it either. I was guessing that my score was going to fall in the 60-80 range - and that i wouldnt be surpised either way (pass/fail).

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I had highs and lows. One day i would figure out the answer to a question and realize that my educated guess was right. The next day I was convinced that I did a specific conversion wrong and that it cost me 5 questions.

At no point though, did I dare to actually believe that i had passed...only occasional hope.

Then i stopped trying to think aboutit.

How did you feel coming out of it?
About the same. I'm pretty sure I will be back for October exam, or that is what I'm trying to convince myself. I've done too much thinking about it. I love these boards, but it's not helping keep my mind off of it.

I am in NY and just found out that I passed yesterday (am located in albany, ny), first time test-taker.

I have been reading this forum for a little while in preparation for the April exam and wanted to thank past test takers for this comments! They were helpful. Good luck to others taking the exam and/or waiting for results!

Congrats !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

I am in NY and just found out that I passed yesterday (am located in albany, ny), first time test-taker.
I have been reading this forum for a little while in preparation for the April exam and wanted to thank past test takers for this comments! They were helpful. Good luck to others taking the exam and/or waiting for results!
Congrats !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

JR

I passed the environmental PE exam...the results were in my mailbox on June 23; considerably quicker than I expected. I was surprised to see the pass rates on the NCEES website. They were lower than the civil exam whereas the last time they were considerably higher! My guess is that many of the test takers were thrown off by the unusual amount of water questions.

I passed the environmental PE exam...the results were in my mailbox on June 23; considerably quicker than I expected. I was surprised to see the pass rates on the NCEES website. They were lower than the civil exam whereas the last time they were considerably higher! My guess is that many of the test takers were thrown off by the unusual amount of water questions.
Yeah first timers was like 63% right? And repeaters were like 29% or something?

That seems pretty low to me.

was this your first time Junior?

APepperToo:

Yes -- I only took the FE and PE exams once thank God. The repeat taker pass rate for environmental was the lowest of all disciplines: 21%!

Crazy! So I pass it and my supervisor doesn't think I'll be getting a raise. That's a load of crap! Oh, yeah -- he failed his PE exam about 7 years ago and still isn't licensed.

APepperToo:
Yes -- I only took the FE and PE exams once thank God. The repeat taker pass rate for environmental was the lowest of all disciplines: 21%!

Crazy! So I pass it and my supervisor doesn't think I'll be getting a raise. That's a load of crap! Oh, yeah -- he failed his PE exam about 7 years ago and still isn't licensed.
No raise at all?? Thats crap if you ask me. Our company just started this "Love 'em or Lose 'em" policy trying to try to raise retention. As part of that I'll get an extra 6K a year for passing the PE. There's loads of threads on these boards where people tell what they get for passing the PE. Do some research on what people are getting and arm yourself for the next "negotiation".

APepperToo:

That's just wrong. Perhaps it has something to do w/ the fact that HE didn't pass? It takes WAY too much work and preparation to obtain the PE. Continue to impress at your current position while at the same time looking for an employer that will reward you. I just passed on my 3rd attempt (Enviro PE) and I've been in a new position for the last two months-I started a couple of weeks after I took the exam. I'd be interested in knowing the outcome of your story as I will probably be approaching my upper management with a very similar request. If I don't receive the type of increase I'm looking for, I just may have to consider another position w/in the next year. Good Luck!!

Back