Enviro Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Colorado and found out I passed the Environmental Exam the 2nd week of June. For those of you that did not pass, hang in there and do NOT give up! That was my 3rd attempt beginning with the Spring exam of 2006. I opted to wait a year between exams since I knew I wouldn't study much in preparation for the October exams. If you study intently, it really isn't all that difficult to recall the material studied the past year, so no worries over waiting a year between exams. I hit the local IHOP damn near every day from late January until exam time in April. I had my own table and the majority of staff knew exactly who I was and why I was there every day. They were pretty excited when they found out I passed. Oh yeah, I've been out of engineering school 9 years and the majority of my work has been project management.

Congrats, Take1! This October will be trial #3 for me, and like you, I hope it is my last!

That's just wrong. Perhaps it has something to do w/ the fact that HE didn't pass? It takes WAY too much work and preparation to obtain the PE. Continue to impress at your current position while at the same time looking for an employer that will reward you. I just passed on my 3rd attempt (Enviro PE) and I've been in a new position for the last two months-I started a couple of weeks after I took the exam. I'd be interested in knowing the outcome of your story as I will probably be approaching my upper management with a very similar request. If I don't receive the type of increase I'm looking for, I just may have to consider another position w/in the next year. Good Luck!!
No raise at all. Bummer. My place of work is top-heavy but they generally try to treat everyone well. I'll hold onto the position I have to get more experience. Maybe later I'll set up my own shop. Good luck yourself.

Back