Engineers in Exile

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HighwayPE said:
Hello all, some good news, I flew out of Afghanistan today. Still not home, I have about three weeks in Kyrgyzstan doing some work here to support our replacements getting into position in Afghanistan, but at least I'm in a place where they don't shoot rockets at us.
I think it would take me 3 weeks to be able to say the name of that country, and another month or so to be able to spell it correctly consistently. They definitely need to buy a vowel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking of them lately. And praying for them. I believe it makes a difference.

God bless those who defend our freedom and fight for freedom in other countries. Happy Independence Day.

Reminder that we still have service people in hostile environments. Keep them and their families in your prayers.

During this season, while we celebrate or bitch about traditions, realize that the freedom to celebrate and bitch has a cost. Remember those who are serving, those have served, those who have a family member or relative serving or who have lost a friend or family member in service. There are many who will be separated from family during the holidays. I'll be praying for them.

:unitedstates:

I'm doing a leave between taskers (tacking on another 6-months to the 6 I am finishing up right now) which is basically an R&R but it has to fall on a pay period so I can go back on my home District's payroll for one paycheck. The way the pay periods are laid out, I am going to just miss being home for Christmas, but I'll be home on the 31st for 16 days. I actually leave here on the 30th so it is getting close enough that I am starting to count down the days.

First, thanks for all those doing the good work overseas and elsewhere. Second, what's the best route for a Civil to become involved in such work? COE or other? Thanks.

Back