Emanuel goes after Chick-fil-A for boss’ anti-gay views

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays. We go out to eat after church with several other families, but we can never go to CFA which stinks because it's one of the few restaurants all 20+ kids would want to go to.

When i was a kid (back in my day...), even gas stations were closed on Sunday. Nothing was open. It was like the end of the world when they started Sunday sales in the early eighites. Preachers had something to moan about for a few years when that happened.

When i was a kid (back in my day...), even gas stations were closed on Sunday. Nothing was open. It was like the end of the world when they started Sunday sales in the early eighites. Preachers had something to moan about for a few years when that happened.
Most of my hometown (small mountain community of approx 3000 people), is entirely shut down on Sundays (minus the gas stations and grocery store). Hell, it's a ghost town after 5 pm...

I believe the Blue Laws started in MA with the Puritans. I too can remember when virtually all retailers were closed on Sunday. It's only been within the last 10 years that liquor stores have been open on Sundays around here. and unlike some places all beer and wine is sold through the liquor stores

Last edited by a moderator:
^ not everyone does...I don't...I love waffle fries and have since I was a kid no association to anything really
^I'm guessing differences in regional culture...never even heard of waffle fries until I visited CFA.
Probably a mid-west thing. You can go into any local bar in WI and get waffle fries. They certainly aren't restaurant specific around here.

^True. Ain't no CFA's up here anyways. And IMO waffle fries are a waste of good potato. Give me steak fries everytime.

waffle fries, steak fries, crinkle cut...any cut as long as it is potato is AWESOME....just not sweet potato...

Sweet potatoes are an abomination. Clearly the work of the devil or George Bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to a brazilian steakhouse the other day, complete with foreign (sounding) waiters. My 5 year old asked "Daddy, why's he so french?".

Back